IGNORED

i need a new soundcard

Guest 1KB

my soundcard just gave up on me, seems to have been because of a power surge or something. it was a really bad audigy anyway, so i'm not too annoyed about it

what is the cheapest soundcard i can get that isn't noticeably bad? preferably something with just one input/one output, i've already got a mixer. i don't care about 24-bit or anything

suggest away!

intel?

intel make soundcards!?

i forgot to mention i'd like something with midi out but it's certainly not required

as a matter of fact, as retarded as magoo's reply may have seemed, intel DOES make soundcards.. sort of..

they intergrate audio-DSPs and ADC-DACs on their motherboards, for onboard sound (which 75% of the computer-users use these days), but they don't produce those audio-chips on their own.. so technically they dont TRULY make soundcards.. but whaæver..

manyways, what you need is something like a Echo Mia (2in/2out/spdifin/spdifout), M-Audio Audiophile (ditto) or even a Maya card.

Can all be found for <100USD$ if you look around a bit on the secondhand-markets. especially the Echo Mia is real quality; solid, balanced jack-outputs and high-end ADC-DAC's.

oh and if you find a Echo MiaMidi (i bought one for 75USD$ a few months ago), you'll also have Midi IN/OUT.

iep, that's exactly what i'm looking for

i don't want an onboard soundcard, i already have one - the point is that i want an input to go with it, and some semi-decent latency. i could get 5ms with asio4all and the audigy

my echo mia's go down to 1.6ms if i run them in 96/24 :))

and you had a yamaha MG-line mixer, didn't you? well, having balanced 1/4" jack outputs on your pc is very nice then (instead of the RCA phono's or even the minijacks that some crappier soundcard in the <100$-range offer)

and you had a yamaha MG-line mixer, didn't you?

damn, that is some good memory

i have noted your suggestion

aye, i used to have an echo gina... good card.

got a couple of m-audio pieces now, and would fully recommend the audiophile.

(the delta 1010 is better, but you don't need that.) :grin:

Archived