IGNORED

what the christ is wrong with my graphics card

Guest we_kill_soapscum

Guest we_kill_soapscum

dude i got halflife 2 over a year ago as a present and i just installed it cause my dog died and i need ed something to get it off my mind

but its been a while since i was good with this shit. half life would never start after i connected to steam. so i tried to install the catalyst drivers...i uninstalled my current ones as per their website, installed their shit, restarted...and nothing. windows tried to help me install the 'new' card but it couldnt find any drivers. and the shitty wack ass support sight aint supportive.

now im rocking a sweet 800 x 600 vga display and i dunno what the fuck to do help appreciated a lot thanks!!!

also im really high so you can imagine the dillemma

Guest we_kill_soapscum

k i fixed it.

turns out ati's drivers can't run a laptop graphics card. whoops...

downloaded some DIY version of the catalyst driver.

turns out ati's drivers can't run a laptop graphics card. whoops...

yep I found that out too, the catalyst drivers fuck up everything as well. I'm sticking with these weird custom drivers that got supplied with my laptop as they're the only ones that seem to handle my widescreen resolution and play Half Life stabily (is that a word, 'stabily' ?). The ol' Half Life moans that they're out of date, but it runs fine.

Archived