IGNORED

Timothy J Fairplay - Skylark II (Lost Canvas Series 002)

Vakarian

0017219686_10.jpg

Out on the hard shoulder of Highway 3, close to the mountains, Pablo Mistral kneels by the rear of his truck, weak and immobilised, and unable to speak. Ahead of him near a grove of trees, a great luminous plate shaped object hangs motionless about six or seven metres from the ground. Close behind him three strange figures eye him fixedly. He watched the three beings as they stood looking at him for what felt like five minutes. ‘They were what looked like two men and a woman, all were blonde and their hair was combed back. All were roughly the same height and were all dressed alike. Very tight fitting leaden grey coloured one piece suits, three quarter length boots of a yellow colour like that of chamois leather, they had long gloves of the same yellow colour, and these reached half way up their arms. They wore no belts, nor helmets, nor anything else. They had no weapons. Their faces were like ours, but they had great wide foreheads and slightly protruded eyes that appeared to a emit a low blue glow which seemed to gently pulse in intensity. They were talking together in a language that was impossible to understand, it had no vowels, and sounded like a badly tuned radio, with squeaky sharp noises. One of them seized me by the collar and pulled me upright forcibly, but without violence. I tried to speak, but my voice would not come. While the one who had pulled me up held me, another put a device to the base of the index finger of my left hand. I got a good look at the device. It looked like some sort of small portable computer, and it had a nozzle which they applied to me for a few seconds. It did not hurt. When they took it away, I had two drops of blood on my finger. I think I fainted then, because I don’t remember anything else…’

ORDER 

https://mysticquantum.bandcamp.com/album/timothy-j-fairplay-skylark-ii

Limited to 200 copies
clear yellow vinyl
inner sleeve with artwork
Music done by Timothy J. Fairplay.
Artwork by Fred Gambino
Mastered by Alek Stark

Concept by Vagon Brei

fondocon.png

https://inverted-audio.com/premiere-timothy-j-fairplay-sad-magic/

Tf Mq

A graded galactic voyager with no shortage of prod tricks up his sleeve, London-based analogue whizz and deft ambient-scaper Timothy J. Fairplay has developed an unmatched knack for building evocatively spacious sci-fi scenarii. Channeling the energies of giallo disco, electro and kosmische-indebted synth music, the British producer is now back to sail us off away from our reality-weary inertia.

Conceived as the short soundtrack to an alien abduction mystery set in Chile, Fairplay’s latest for Spanish label Mystic & Quantum, ‘Skylark II‘, is a spitting sound image of the man’s keen telepathic aptitudes, much capable to beam a complete dancefloor up to Neptunian regions in a heartbeat.

So does our premiere, ‘Sad Magic‘ – a nostalgic but punchy acid slab perfect for these moments when the sun goes down and blonde wigs-wearing extraterrestrial beings in disguise appear out of the blue to stick a computer-like device on your finger and tranquilly probe your soul from stem to stern. Y’know, right before you wake up in the middle of a field with no memory of what just happened to you…

• 2 months later...

Archived