IGNORED

French Kiss was the first Ae?

Just remember that awesome Lil Louis French Kiss song from back in the prehistoric past (I'm from year 72, so already lived then). I pretty much loved it. Quite monotonous, but the point is to put interesting things in every <n> bars. It just has the flow. Think Sweet Exorcist Testone, simple but effective.

Well and that slowdown and speedup. So do you think Ae have been influenced also by this? In their aiming for instability? In the speed and (rhythmic) timing experiments and the freedom they achieved in that field?

I'm especially thinking about Stop Look Listen as the first big occurence of time experiments.

Sean pls WATMM pls

• 4 weeks later...

I do love this track.  Also this Josh Wink rework from 2000 which I used to cane back in my DJing days.

Agreed that the original was fairly revolutionary in terms of tempo shifting in usually regimented electronic music. Not sure how much it influenced ae though...

Archived