IGNORED

Working on an experiment.

I did some research to this Mozex fellow and I understand the comparison in music style. But he has not perfected that style to be honest.

Yes he has great things in there, but then he seems to start touching to much keys on a synth which result in bad melodies.

Since I do not use a synth and work with vials, knobs, microprocessors, dual midi converters (a & a+b) and some fire (these are basics) this problem should not exist.

But he seems like a great guy to me.

Update.

I redid the drums, I seem to be fairly content of them now. My new micro transfer device was really worth the 7 bucks. Internet is an amazing thing. So after paralyzing the frequencies unto utter and as Mr Trump would say, tremendous, oblivion I understood that going even further would risk a tear in the parallel frequencer which could, as we all know and understand, create a black hole.So then I focused a bit more on the more melodic parts I guess, the things that bounce around because of the particles In the matrix. I put some more, effects you call it I think (I call it total derivation of reality) on it.I am fairly happy about the results. This time nothing blew up so I think I am starting to get in the right direction? Let me know what you think.

https://soundcloud.com/user-398982519/the-mad-scientist

Do I hear distortion?

Yes, I think I do hear distortion.

Back to the drawing tables.

I did all the calculations and forget to include the ascension of the planet Neptune. I had to re calibrate and this took me several hours.

I think I am getting close now. I will try to make the ending a bit better tomorrow. Need blue substance and toilet paper.

And I am all out of toiletpaper (again)

Found toilet paper. I think its finished now. Still not sure. Need to let it run thru night to be sure the sound capacitor does not explode.

https://soundcloud.com/user-398982519/the-mad-scientist/s-HeLlA8COtZn

*Getting out of DOC MODE*

I think the song is finished. I will leave the link on private for a bit longer so that people can hear it and give their thoughts about it.

If I do not get any comments this means the song will be good and then I will release it.

Work I did: The samples I used for kick and snare and percussion are changed by using compressor, delay, reverb and EQ. I also changed the kick A LOT by using the onboard function of the 909 Core Kit (only kick) For other samples like snare and so on I searched the database inside Ableton untill I found something that sounded good. Then I changed it a bit to make it sound better.

All sounds are presets yes, but the arps and the sequences have been completely changed to a new pattern or if there was not a pattern, I made one from scratch. I also used reverb and delay on all instruments. So yes it is a preset, but the melodic part is not what it was at all anymore.

I did automation on the track, fading in and out of instruments, making some instruments louder in some parts and more silent in others (I think I still can improve a bit on the kick and snare in regions were there is not a lot else going on)

I used compression on kick and snare. I EQ-ed everything.

I changed the fade out on the end to some kind of "ending"

Mixed it untill I did not hear any distortion anymore. The mix is a bit quiter then professional mixes but thats no problem for me. I rather have a good sounding mix thats a bit less loud then a very loud mix that is full of distortion.

I think thats as good as everything I did, I am not sure anymore since I did a lot. And I did a lot of things for the very first time.

Let me know what you think, if you can hear distortion or in what regard it could become better. If I know how to do it and agree I will try to do it.

*Getting back in DOC MODE*

Now, where is my ultra regulator 3000?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived