IGNORED

Analogue Bubblebath 5

Guest AOOproductions

• 7 years later...

I like this AB a lot, it has a great atmosphere, can't get enough of it recently!

Why are you such a fucking Necromancer? There's already a more recent topic on this album with a ton of more discussion made when it was released!

• 1 year later...

I couldn't find the other thread so now I'm the necromancer.

Anyway, since I first heard this 4 years ago, it's become my go-to winter record. It doesn't grab me by the collar but there's something about it I don't get sick of - I can listen to it maybe even more than once a day this time of year. It's got a similar vibe to I Care Because You Do but even more jammy, minimal, and lo-fi. A little cartoonish but not to the point of being sarcastic like Melodies from Mars.

I love the melodies. The first 2 tracks and the 2 tracks before "Cuckoo" especially. That last one I fell in love with. It's a bit cheesy but in the absolute best way, this kind of faux orchestral Aphex (like "Alberto Balsalm") gets me. And even though "Cuckoo" right after it sticks out like a sore thumb it's a solid closer for this.

I like to imagine him playing everything by hand with pretty bare-bones gear, sampling a single battered monosynth for 90% of it and using clever processing to make it sound more natural and acoustic. I don't know what he actually used and I would rather believe my version anyway.

Archived