IGNORED

The Deathtrip - Deep Drone Master

MassfreeKid

10410767_1455032681446926_51214372375353

I know this is probably the wrong place to post this, but I do it anyway in case anyone might be interested. The Deathtrip will finally be releasing their first album after years of preparation. Old-school black metal all the way through, mixed and produced by Snorre Ruch (Thorns), with Aldrahn (Dødheimsgard, Thorns) on vocals and Host (manager at Peaceville Records) making all the music. This should be interesting to all nostalgic BM heads out there.

http://newnoisemagazine.com/deathtrip-set-release-date-svart-records-debut/

It will all come out almost simultaneously. New Dødheimsgard is all finished and recorded. Vicotnik is giving the final touches to the mix. I'd guess early 2015. It was supposed to be out in october 2013 haha. But Vicotnik and Snorre are like Aphex, they are perfectionists and they compose A LOT of material, so it takes them years to finish an album.

Dang! MassFreeKid, bringer of good news. Thanks man, this is getting me all excited about that stuff again. I recently heard that Thorns album in a bar I was in and I completely forgot how good that album was. Same goes for Supervillian Outcast.

This Deathtrip will be a lot less experimental then those from what I can read though :) but I'm still curious!

Yes, less experimental indeed! It's really just trying to capture that old-school BM feeling of the 90's through the perspective these old-timers have today. Don't expect it to rewrite the rules. But the new Dødheimsgard, on the other hand, is a beast of its own. ;) Long time Dhg fan here hehe so I'm sold. The 2001 Thorns album is still good even to this day, I agree! Most of the songs stood the test of time for me. Original riffing.

• 2 weeks later...

@Herr Jan, I've actually listened to Deep drone master and I think it's great. Very old-school indeed, but sonically interesting if you can stomach Aldrahn's vocals, which really are at the center of this album. His first one since Thorns in 2001. Love his performance, very lugubrious and intense. And the music is back to the basics BM with a good touch of fuzz magic. Snorre gave it a very analogue production. Any bands you've been into lately? I take it you're a Darkthrone fan? "Fenriz approved".

@Herr Jan, I've actually listened to Deep drone master and I think it's great. Very old-school indeed, but sonically interesting if you can stomach Aldrahn's vocals, which really are at the center of this album. His first one since Thorns in 2001. Love his performance, very lugubrious and intense. And the music is back to the basics BM with a good touch of fuzz magic. Snorre gave it a very analogue production. Any bands you've been into lately? I take it you're a Darkthrone fan? "Fenriz approved".

Ah, good to hear! I don't listen to a lot of black metal anymore (I was a huge fan back in the day), but once in a blue moon I tend to have the most primitive oldschool shit on, so this sounds perfect! And yeah, his vocals are really top notch, can't miss :)

As for the stuff I dó listen, I'm mostly into Lugubrum - which has always been my fave blekk metle group (Darkthrone right after). I get tired of black metal pretty quickly these days, but I can listen to their albums over and over for about 12 years now. Besides that I'm more into bands like Virus (huge fan here), The Devil's Blood, Jex Thoth, that whole scene. I also have a few mates who constantly update me on black metal stuff like Ash Borer, Deafheaven, Occultation / Negative Plane, which is all pretty good stuff too but nothing mindblowing.

The most interesting discovery I did was one that our own triachus told me about - a one man band called Botanist that only uses drums, a dulcimer + vocals yelling about how humanity will be destroyed be evil plants who will take over the world:

You still rocking the black metal scene?

• 2 months later...

Archived