IGNORED

Kush Arora - Dub Elements : Ocean - 12"

shipping out on 7/10

Kush Arora 'Dub elements: ocean' 12" is coming back from the pressing plant on July 10th. We are taking preorders now

SIDE1small.jpg
SIDE2small.jpg

3 tracks 45rpm total time~15 minutes
packaged in clear sleeve, blended red/black vinyl

Samples:
Clip 1
Clip 2
Clip 3

Imagine a mixture of instrumental dub with modern and classic 80s roots reggae elements thrown in with a tiny dash of Bhangra and an overarching dub step bass influence. We hate to use so many genre names in one sentence, but this record truly is an amalgamation of many styles and nothing like it has been done before.

click to
PREORDER NOW
shipping out on 7/10

SIDE1.jpg

how many copies?

300, no repressings

secret: if you order it and you say you are from watmm i will ship your copy out now . the month away release date is for hype/marketing purposes only. just promise if you buy a copy you will not fucking rip it and share it online.

ok only if you tell me where you got this pressed?

Pirate Press in san francisco. The final product was of great quality, unfortunately i had to get the plates redone due to a mastering error, i ended up eating the cost.

Guest nannystatenoise

those SOTE 12"s are lovely. wish my elder bro hadn't sold his 1200s... (and give them to me instead!!!)

mary anne hobbs is debuting this disc on her show. She already played one track off it last week but stay tuned to Breezeblock to hear the B-side

ill also update you as to when boomkat and norman records will be carrying it for UK costumers

ordered ...

sent... :laughing:

any prominent Djs, radio hosts, or vinyl reviewers please contact me for promo copies

i sent it on on the 26th via media mail. it should arrive shortly. If you dont get it in the next few days let me know.

i suggest to those in the UK hold off on ordering either Sote or the Kush 12" until norman records carries it. otherwise i will have to charge you an arm and a leg for shipping. They should have it for sale by this monday.

damn this is the best EP i've heard in a while ... who is this kush arora person(s)? i saw that he had one previous album on rlr ...

Kush arora is a long term friend of mine. He started out back in 1994/5 doing industrial music influenced noise/experimental stuff under the name Involution. Once Cevin Key stole his band name, Kush started going under the solo project name Clairaudience. This was mostly a dark ambient field recording musique concrete thing he did. His first solo album under the name Kush Arora was a big departure from this, it was his first attempt at an all beat oriented album. A little rough around the edges with influences from Download, muslimgauze, mad professor, and skinny puppy, Under Water Jihad (the title) is pretty damn good released in 2004. His second disc i personally wasnt a huge fan of, but it broke a lot of ground in the lyrical dancehall/bhangra scenes.

My goal is to pump him dry of his newer instrumental works in the future, because right now hes producing for lyricists mainly.

Probably putting out a sequal to that EP in 08, stay tuned!

As for RLR and dubstep related music in general our next 12" will be 1980's hard snare through reverb dubstep, or imagine if John Carpenter or Tangerine Dream made dubstep. a Fluorescent Grey 12" with a possible guest appearance by Wisp

Guest tidbit
oh come on,. its good but its not that good

you heard the full thing already?

um.. no, actually i havent.

is it in the same vein?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived