IGNORED

Production musics

zylinderz

Hey guys,

Been experimenting with making production music last months. Also as a motivational tool to build a portfolio for e.a. cinema, video games and advertising soundtracks. Curious what you guys think of the output! Any tips on mastering and mix are very welcome of course, or harmony, which I'm not that familiar with as a previously experimental noise maker ?

Main tools btw: Ableton 10, Spitfire instruments, Ozone8, Serum and Prism

Cheers

I think it sounds very good. My first impression was that the mix has a lot of clarity and sounds professional with sheen. I only listened on laptop speakers so on better speakers it probably sounds even more clean and balanced. I did notice that the low end seems light but that could be my speakers again. I thought the melodies and harmonies worked very well, it has emotion that might work in a lot of different contexts. The delay on the piano was very nice.

Thank you! Yeah not sure about the bass, always a problematic area...

Good ears you heard the subtle delays on the piano with you lap speakers. Wanted it to fuse a bit are the arpeg there.

On 12/23/2020 at 11:45 AM, zylinderz said:

Hey guys,

Been experimenting with making production music last months. Also as a motivational tool to build a portfolio for e.a. cinema, video games and advertising soundtracks. Curious what you guys think of the output! Any tips on mastering and mix are very welcome of course, or harmony, which I'm not that familiar with as a previously experimental noise maker ?

Main tools btw: Ableton 10, Spitfire instruments, Ozone8, Serum and Prism

Cheers

Very, very nice and very pretty.
That sparkling synth at around 0:20 sounds a bit too "Tech Company Product Video-ish" to me. The bass sounds fine to me. It doesn't need to be super present so I think it sits perfectly fine in the mix.
There are a couple of places where some of the chords clash. I think it's just the release that's a bit too long on some of the synth sounds. It's noticeable at 1:28. It's fairly subtle.

Nice job!

• Like 1