IGNORED

some old stuff

Here's three tracks that i made a few years ago when i first started working with reason. some nice minimal stuff. if anyone likes these, i have more....

all comments/critisizm very welcome.

http://www.myspace.com/gelcap

EDIT: this was when i had a midi keyboard

Guest OldSteelOak

IMO melancholy is the best from this three tunes , nice beat and pads i really like it but these two other tunes are nice too

Guest wasps

melancholy - something lovely about the entirely random bassline, good choice in sound. very simplistic, but you could rework this with a fatter, nastier break, and you'd have something a bit fucking dark on your hands.

metal leaves - very 'midi' (for obvious reasons) nice leaf samples. the overall feel is quite a nodsome thing, again, if you reworked it with less flat sounds and a 'bigger' sound, it would be more successful.

pip - this is cool, the hiphop influence is heavy here. all you need is an mc and you're good to go - it's all there.

wasps- thanks for the kind words.

i think i am going to re-work melancholy, i want to change the beat, but when i try it just doesn't sound right. i think you have a point in speeding it up though, i'm gonna try that.

:grin:

Guest Promo

I think these tunes are more fun to listen to than the last tracks I heard of yours.

The first track, 'melachony', was quite nice harmonically. I felt it needed more layers to take it the next level but was quite a pleasant listen. The beats weren't too bad but felt a little dry. They needed some more variation and some fx to pep them up really.

Track two, 'metalleaves', was kinda interesting melodically but a bit basic. However the sounds were too too dry imo. Certainly has potential but at the stage I heard its sounds very much like 'a work in progress'. Some reverb and some more interesting drums and more layers would really help it.

Track 3, 'pip', sounds like the backing to a modern day hip hop/soul cut. I quite like this one. Beat was pretty 'street' and had a nice feel but was too short :( I thought this was the most sort of interesting track of them all but too short. Be interesting to hear a longer version with more development too. Yeah I could see the potential in this track.

I think these tunes are more fun to listen to than the last tracks I heard of yours.

The first track, 'melachony', was quite nice harmonically. I felt it needed more layers to take it the next level but was quite a pleasant listen. The beats weren't too bad but felt a little dry. They needed some more variation and some fx to pep them up really.

Track two, 'metalleaves', was kinda interesting melodically but a bit basic. However the sounds were too too dry imo. Certainly has potential but at the stage I heard its sounds very much like 'a work in progress'. Some reverb and some more interesting drums and more layers would really help it.

Track 3, 'pip', sounds like the backing to a modern day hip hop/soul cut. I quite like this one. Beat was pretty 'street' and had a nice feel but was too short :( I thought this was the most sort of interesting track of them all but too short. Be interesting to hear a longer version with more development too. Yeah I could see the potential in this track.

Thanks Promo, I always enjoy reading your comments...

I know i'll go back and work on melancholy more. As far as metal trees and pip go, I'm pretty sure they've been lost on an old computer. Wish I could more on pip more too....I might just try to re-make it...

thanks.

Archived