IGNORED

Andrée Burelli - Naturale (7-inch vinyl)

feltopptak

Text from the artist:

These pieces are inspired by my dream world of images and sounds, in which things, that are impossible in rational reality, appear to me as natural.

The image of a blue-violet coloured plastic manta ray, suspended in the air in a fluid and futuristic perpetual motion on the terrace of my house, gives the piece ‘Manta di Plastica’ its name.

A boy comes up to me, hugs me from the back and says, shall we jump? We have a parachute. We dive from some height, we fall, I watch the world from above, I feel calm. We land in the water and I let myself go completely, I come down, I'm underwater, and from there I look at the sky, from the bottom upwards, it's beautiful, far away, full of clouds. He says: “stay with me”. He pulls me out of the water and in that moment I wake up. This dream gives name to the piece ‘Sogno Paracadute’ which means parachute dream.

‘Flora Aliena’ means alien flora, and it refers to the idea of contamination. A place has a native flora and when we plant a seed of a non-native plant, it is as if we infect the land forever. I see a parallelism of this dynamic also in my way of creating. My rational world is a territory that is constantly being seeded by impossible, utopian, imaginary, dreamlike, magical realities, so much so that I sometimes ask myself what is really real.