IGNORED

PCMCIA Sound Cards

acid1

E-MU 1616M Cardbus and the RME Cardbus both caught my eyes...

Any recommendations or opinions on PCMCIA Sound Cards?

Guest man with no name

i've got an echo IO...it's really good as a soundcard, but not great for recording stuff (1 1/8'' input : - / )

Guest DrHat

seriously man, don't get a pcmcia one - those slots have shit bandwidth, you're better off w/ usb or firewire.

p.s. - pcmcia = People Can't Memorize Computer Industry Acronyms

On the new Inspiron i just bought,Dell has started to phase out PCMCIA drives and switch to ExpressCard technology,which rendered my PCMCIA soundcard useless. So i had to call Dell and make a big stink about it,and i got them to give me the same laptop just with the upgraded soundcard (from manufacturerers soundcard to the Audigy.. not the best,but atleast better) for free.. So yeah. If anyone falls into the same boat,Dell is pulling that shit,and they wont replace drives.

Well the only input i need is unfortuantly spdif so that rules echo out of the equation, but thanks for the reference, i'm sure that would be a great solution to many people on this board.

Guest Captain Cooper
p.s. - pcmcia = People Can't Memorize Computer Industry Acronyms

Can I just say that this made me LOL

• 2 weeks later...

I found a firewire mini port on my laptop so I think I decided on an Edirol FA 66 btw

Archived