IGNORED

EKT Mac users...query...

chenGOD

So I fried my computer, and am thinking about switching back to a Mac.

I'm looking at either the 20" iMac or the 15"Macbook Pro. What do people on here use, and what kind of audio configurations are you using. Like what sort of interfaces?

Let me know!! THanks :)

So I fried my computer, and am thinking about switching back to a Mac.

I'm looking at either the 20" iMac or the 15"Macbook Pro. What do people on here use, and what kind of audio configurations are you using. Like what sort of interfaces?

Let me know!! THanks :)

right now i'm using a motu ultralite firewire audio interface and a dual g5 powermac, planning on getting a macbook pro with my tax return. using digital performer, reaktor, kontakt, moog modular v, peak, and maxmsp with it, as well as a novation remote 25 controller and an m-audio keystation 88 with it. i love the hell out of it.

i'd advise the mbp over the imac for obvious reasons.

Yes I'd love a G5, but unfortunately monetary circumstances demand otherwise.

Will think more about the MacbookPro...

Why the obvious reasons for the Macbook over the iMac...?

well the obvious reason being portability and the fact that the mbp's are as powerfull as the imacs but you can take them anywhere easily.

Guest test pattern

i got a powerbook

running - dp 4.5 and reaktor 4

a presonus firepod as my interface

i going to get a mbp as soon as possible, but this setup still runs smoothly

so i suggest the mbp as well....portability rules...

well the obvious reason being portability and the fact that the mbp's are as powerfull as the imacs but you can take them anywhere easily.

looks like the Macbookpro wins the day...

I'll be happy to get back to a Mac OS, but sad cause I just lost a whole shedload of samples and reason tunes...stupid HD dying...stupid mainboard frying out.

blech.

looks like the Macbookpro wins the day...

I'll be happy to get back to a Mac OS, but sad cause I just lost a whole shedload of samples and reason tunes...stupid HD dying...stupid mainboard frying out.

blech.

you should get into the habit of backing up yo shit on the mbp.

dvd-r's++

Yeah I had actually recently backed up, then I found a few good sample sites, had all the 505/707/808/909 kits and a bunch of other crap (course I can't remember the sites cause the bookmarks are losty on that computer)

Ah well. Maybe more than once a month.

How's the AudioDesk software that comes with that Ultralite?

How's the AudioDesk software that comes with that Ultralite?

it works fine but is audio only, no midi. i recently got an ultralite and it's fucking awesome.

I'm thinking about an mbox2 for an interface. Anybody got any experience with that? Can I use it as simply an interface, so I could just use it say to control Reason?

I'm thinking about an mbox2 for an interface. Anybody got any experience with that? Can I use it as simply an interface, so I could just use it say to control Reason?

I just took a quick look at it ... I don't think that's a midi controller only an audio interface , so you'd have to get one of those as well... I have pcr 30 by Edirol which is your basic controller, not to many bells and whistles

well from what I can tell, yes I could use it strictly as a midi interface, but I didnt realise it was only USB...might have to splurge for the ultralite after all. It`s crazy expensive in Korea...

so got the MacbookPro today.

Is there any real advatage of Firewire400 over USB 2.0 never mind answered htat myself.

Still sorely tempted by the Mbox as I'm very comfortable with ProTools.

AbeltonLive seems the tits as well, So ProTools+Live+Reason might be a winning combination.

Will have to think...

Next up...monitor recommendations for the home studio....:)

Still sorely tempted by the Mbox as I'm very comfortable with ProTools.

AbeltonLive seems the tits as well, So ProTools+Live+Reason might be a winning combination.

just a question: what's the difference between protools and say cubase? much?> i know that's what all the pros use

sorry to push this topic off track a little

Archived