IGNORED

New native instruments stuff

Bubba69

massive is, quite frankly, awesome. although my favourite so far of the new stuff is probably FM8 - you can really get some amazing sounds out of it, and when you get into the morphing stuff, it's spectacular.

B3 has some great enhancements, and the new library is nothing short of incredible.

very tasty fun times.

c

KORE is kind of unique. it's very much the only thing of its kind. it's essentially a host, but it categorizes your plugins so that you can browse by sound attributes instead of digging through plugin interfaces. it unifies everything so it's more intuitive to use... 'one interface to rule them all' - but still allows you to access the plugins' actual interfaces if you want to.

we're working on some videos to explain KORE a bit better, since there are still so many questions. it's not necessarily for everyone - some folks may find their present way of working the only way... KORE kind of changes all of that. but for a lot of people, it's exactly the solution they've been looking for.

i'll let you all know when we finish up the tutorial videos.

cheers,

c

is anybody else unhappy with the glossy showy direction NI software has gone in since the release of Guitar Rig and Reaktor 4? It seems like their software while it looks pretty and the presets sound fucking spectacular, the creativity and modularness of their newer software seems to be a non priority. I fear they are just trying to emulate what's popular in the industry anymore and not breaking new ground like they used to. Frequent whole number updates (4, 5, 6) are suspicious to me especially if the GUI seems like it took more work than any of the programming. One good example is the older reaktor gets the more inpentrable and complex user interfaces get for peoples own patch creations. It seems like 90% of the people who post stuff to the user library spend way too long on the GUI. And the problem that arises from this is that is it is much harder to dissect, reverse engineer, and reappropriate into a new patch.

I dont know but wasn't the reaktors after 2 or 3 worked on the guy who did sync modular? Which was supposed to be awesome as well, and only 50 bucks. Now its discontinued but the previous users got upgraded to reaktor for free. I really want it if I can get it cheap. Anybody been using CPS? Ive played around with it, reminds me of max, but free.

One good example is the older reaktor gets the more inpentrable and complex user interfaces get for peoples own patch creations. It seems like 90% of the people who post stuff to the user library spend way too long on the GUI. And the problem that arises from this is that is it is much harder to dissect, reverse engineer, and reappropriate into a new patch.

So download the version 3 premium library, and check out work in the user library by Brinkmann, Zobel and a couple of gems by Kev Hopper.It's easier to understand their work.

The glitzy R5 library is a hook to snare new users, so they get value for money even if they don't build ever. But people who already know how to build get some nice new tools in their toolbox with every release.

I dont know but wasn't the reaktors after 2 or 3 worked on the guy who did sync modular? Which was supposed to be awesome as well, and only 50 bucks. Now its discontinued but the previous users got upgraded to reaktor for free. I really want it if I can get it cheap. Anybody been using CPS? Ive played around with it, reminds me of max, but free.

pd-extended is a better free Max, I think. It has a lot of the same objects as Max.

Sync modular was incorporated into R5 and became the new Core programming level.

Archived