IGNORED

required hardware effects for mixing techno music ?

YEK

i dont need names of vsts. just suggestions which type of effects should be inserted into a mixer

im thinking::: chorus, compressor, limiter , aphex exciter??

a question for the snobby techy people on this board, no offense

smack me upside the head with your humble opinions please!

i'm thinking of this for down the road... also, i guess i just like talking about this kind of stuff.

p.s. my question can be answered by software folks too,, obviously

im thinking::: chorus, compressor, limiter , aphex exciter??

yeah pretty much. Don't forget a reverb machine and some kind of filter device, probably some sort of overdrive/saturator thing as well.

i'm not really sure. it makes bass sound nice though.

haha i'm getting pretty good at using all this stuff but i have no idea how to talk about it because i dont really know what a lot of things are called.

bread and butter:

reverb

delay

phaser/flanger

chorus

compression

eq

filters

Ditto on the above. If you enjoy collecting these types of devices it can be quite fun to scour pawn shops over time and build your rig. Absolutely get reverb, phase/flange, and filters first.

For fun, a wah wah guitar pedal makes an excellent filter when used tastefully, and leaves your hands free for twiddling other knobs.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Erosmyth

have you yet found any good hardware that fits these capabilities? i'm looking for efx too and not sure where to start

edit: i'm looking at units like the (older) zoom 1204 or alesis midiverb4 but i'm not certain rigs like these are meant to be used in a live setting (as i would be), or if they'll work better with pre-programmed musics.. we'll see.

Archived