IGNORED

roygbiv cello cover

granty

This one is great, nice alternation, but prolly it'd be nicer if it had been more of an sad "upper" than a mystical sad-y.

And wtf, does he call himself a gentleman only because of that cello? I'm suspicious, cause I've never heard of any gentlemen @ watmm aahoyyy, now whoever needs (to be) one

(apart from some alternate short watmm-versions, the only "real" cover I've heard so far is the one by Sound Tribe Sector 9, and now this one.)

Guest Ron Manager
that sound tribe sector 9 cover is shit.. it's all wrong.

nice try but no cigar.

oh wah. like anyone else has attempted to cover roygbiv like that. it's a good cover and they're an awesome band.

shame the notes are wrong.

ok every note is not the same, but yet that cover is so smooth and it really is good.

actually the piano-thing in the middle, which I at first thought of as non-suitable, I now see much more of a thing adding flavour etc.

hat0rz :(

A band called LMP released an enormous 6 CD set called "A Century of Song" (covering a track from each year) which includes a nice cover of Aquarius. As far as I know, it's the only BoC cover on an actually released work.

of course, Aquarius itself was a cover (of sorts) of an original peice of music that predated BoC.

I can't put my finger on who it was again... always forget. But hearing it makes me smile. I'm sure someone here can remind us.

Much of Aquarius comes from the musical "Hair" as I've understood it, sample on here.

Think I got the sts9cover straight of this forum, but I'm @ slsk otherwise. (was searching slsk "roygbiv cover" just now, found like 6 new remixes I haven't seen :-v )

Much of Aquarius comes from the musical "Hair" as I've understood it, sample on here.

Think I got the sts9cover straight of this forum, but I'm @ slsk otherwise. (was searching slsk "roygbiv cover" just now, found like 6 new remixes I haven't seen :-v )

ahh yeah - that's it.

Archived