IGNORED

so they were on XLTRONIC last night?

Guest jbuonacc

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD

i made some

good tunes on dxm back in the day, but our last few runs together weren't so good and i haven't done any now for quite some time.

BUT, i don't think confield was made on dxm. it's too complicated. maybe prepping a live setup, then hammering something out on disassociatives? dunno. edit: also, amphetamines don't mix well with disassociatives.

and i still want to know what this is!

http://www.meatbox.net/~geoff/stuff/blowurhousedown.mp3

I too, admit to making some decent tunes on DXM back in the day... Usually though I didn't get much accomplished... DXM was more of a sit back and listen drug to me... To think AE did that... I doubt it. Not impossible, but I doubt even Sean and Rob would would get much accomplished on DXM, let alone Ketamine. The chemical kid in me would like to think it's true though...

I too, admit to making some decent tunes on DXM back in the day... Usually though I didn't get much accomplished... DXM was more of a sit back and listen drug to me... To think AE did that... I doubt it. Not impossible, but I doubt even Sean and Rob would would get much accomplished on DXM, let alone Ketamine. The chemical kid in me would like to think it's true though...

the trick, as it often seems to be, is getting your ass off the chair, getting some momentum, and not sitting back down/letting it go.

the track i linked i made in one sitting(3-4 hours i think). i don't even think i got up to pee, because i remember taking a serious one while it was exporting. the way i am, if i'd taken a breather in the middle, i might not have come back to it. dxm only makes that worse, for me. and it was just a quick little track really...

it is nice for listening though... only drug i've tried that seemed to enhance sonic fidelity, as opposed to the emotional aspect... i'd say, yeah, if AE used it, was probably in a listening/alternative set of lenses role.

never tried ketamine though! someone else can comment on that one.

and i still want to know what this is!

http://www.meatbox.net/~geoff/stuff/blowurhousedown.mp3

A Guy Called Gerald - Blow Your House Down

thank you! :beer:

it's too bad dxm lasts so fucking long. I would love to do it again but i get a nasty hangover every time i do. ketamine on the other hand is top tier, unfortunately i dont think ill be making a tijuana veterinary supply store run any time soon

it sounds like you might have that enzyme thing.

Dextrorphan is a metabolite of DXM (i.e., the body converts DXM to dextrorphan). The conversion from DXM to DXO occurs via removal of the methyl group at position 6, a process called "O-demethylation". DXO is very similar chemically to DXM, and reacts with the same receptors in the body, but with a very different spectrum. Whereas DXM is strongest at the PCP2 and sigma receptors, DXO primarily targets the NMDA receptor (see Section 10).

The practical upshot is that the dissociative and intoxicating or "stoning" effects are stronger with DXO, whereas the stimulation, cognitive alterations, delusions, and psychotomimetic (literally, "psychosis-like") effects are stronger with DXM. Most DXM users find some balance between the two to be the most pleasurable. Too much sigma activity is usually regarded as dysphoric (strongly unpleasant) and disturbing, and if prolonged, may be dangerous (101,135).

Fortunately, you don't have to worry about converting DXM to DXO; the body does it for you via an enzyme called P450-2D6 or CYP2D6 (also called debrisoquine 4-hydroxylase). However, between 5 to 10% of the Caucasian population lacks this enzyme (12-15), and in the rest of us it can vary. Many drugs can temporarily block P450-2D6 from working (10-11) and thus alter the balance between DXM and DXO. For a list of these drugs, see Section 15.1.

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/faq/dx...eral_info.shtml

i never had problems with dxm's length, never got a hangover. what did convince me i was done with dxm was the following:

1) a guy i knew did way too much of it and shot himself in the face with a shotgun, and more importantly

2) the last two or three times i did i got EXPLOSIVE diarrhea. it was like foam spraying out my ass. made a mess in the toilet. also, i nearly passed out trying to GET to the toilet in the first place. edit: also some vomiting, how could we forget that

honestly 2) really was the clincher. the guy in 1) would have found something else to do that for him if dxm hadn't been around.

never tried ketamine, but i might give it a shot sometime.

i don't know where this thread is going, but, kids - drugs are not toys. they are more like table saws.

i've built some nice tables.

more like soluble fiber. that might explain the foaming issues i had.

anyways, why? that's like saying people who talk about desks are carpenters. some are desk salesmen, interested in purchasing a desk, or using them in vastly strained analogies like myself.

Ok, we all know it's cool to take drugs but this threads been getting drawn well off topic. It was origanally about the That Other Site™ mix but I can see it sinking further into a competition to see who can take the most ketamine.

well elektroplast answered my burning question, so at this point im just here for the peanuts. if you want to try and drag the thread back on topic, more power to you my brother

why its off topic autechre is all about the drugs :squarepusher: not?

its off topic becauses the drugs autechre this thread :rhubear3: was not about.

Archived