IGNORED

My Pocket (ambientish fun)

Guest No Pomo

I like it. You definitely seem to have a very original style from what i've heard of your work. I really like the textures and i especially liked how those offbeat tones started sounding very ugly but when put in context were actually quite beautiful.

I've no complaint!

I know i was a real ass about your first attempt at releasing an online EP/CD, but i gotta admit that you have a pretty unique style to your work. I don't really get most of what you put on here, and most of it has sounded too muddy for me to really pay attention (except for snow city) but you got a style of your own. Stick to your guns.

The track was pretty okay. Good background music, but not really the sort of thing i'd end up nodding my head along to.

Guest Glass Plate

Yea I'm perfectly fine with it man, I'm only 16, and any thing helps. I still have plenty of time to get where I want to be. It seems I'm going to be doing 2 concerts next month though, so the foolish people here, who haven't heard much electronic music like my stuff. (I was actually asked by other people that had heard my CD for these 2 concerts, I was kind of suprised myself)

Yea I'm perfectly fine with it man, I'm only 16, and any thing helps. I still have plenty of time to get where I want to be. It seems I'm going to be doing 2 concerts next month though, so the foolish people here, who haven't heard much electronic music like my stuff. (I was actually asked by other people that had heard my CD for these 2 concerts, I was kind of suprised myself)

If you don't mind me asking, who wants you to play where? I have a hard time picturing a bunch of kids spaced out on acid listening to your stuff. And i had imagined that people who book electronic artists are really focused on the mixing and mastering on the artists stuff. I'm not implying that your music is to bad to be played, i'm just saying that, to me, you come off as not to adapt at mixing tunes (not that i'm any good, either) and, as i said, your music is hella weird.

EDIT: are these people running some sort of indie bar, and thought it would be rad and cosmic to have a "electronica" gig, or something? Asking you to play in a bar/club/place full of people who "haven't heard much electronic music" would be like asking squarepusher to go spastic at the local bingo.

You should post videos of the set. Because, If they are virgins to experimental noize and sound textures, it will probalby be pretty fun seeing their reaction.

Guest Glass Plate

Ok well, one is at a local indy/thrift clothing shop. They're having a 2 year anniversary party thing, and the owner wants me to play their. She cells my CD's there. Shortly after, this man next door bought my CD, and told me he enjoyed it. He tells me he wants to play at his place too. This place is going to be a funny venue, it's a COFFEE SHOP, I don't know why he wants me to play there, but I don't care I get paid.

edit:

Oh yeah, I've done one other concert, it was at my school:

the footage is bad because my friends filming were the most immature one's there, but it's still fun.

I get excited when the lo-fi beat kicks in, it is cool. Hmm it is a mixture between some dark and mellow thougts, like thinking about something, some mystery. I like this! It is emotional and thats what I need! Maybe u should less use those low freqs, it is peaking...

Keep up!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived