IGNORED

DUBSTEP::::::::::

Atop

scorn is fucking heavy as.

what's particularly interesting is the route he took to arrive at this music, what with napalm death and godflesh and all that. i guess they heavyosity is the common thread.

i was listening to 'v' by distance today and thinking it's also got that 'chugchugchug' heavy thing going that you could nearly win a metalhead (well, a sunn o))) fan or a sabbath one or something, anyway) over with.

Guest Soothsayer

If you want the dubstep palm-mute, Babylon System's "Loaded"...damn that song is heavy as fuck!!

Probably the most realistic emulation of a palm-mute I've ever heard.

babylon systems... shake it!

rare enough i get to make a steely dan/dubstep pun lol

checkin it out anyways. yeah that subby imitation of palm mute is exactly what i'm on about. like this; distance - v

Edited by kaini

This mix is insane in the memory brain!

this is Great Work!

Let's see if I can throw out a mix that the Sayer of Sooth will dig...

my first one (dubstep) on my site is great in quality but not in the mixing.....

my next sets will be golden!

v by distance is amazing Kaini, you are right about the metalhead dubstep crossover factor being heavy, just look at Snares' Sabbath remixes, which aren't nearly my fav dstep tracks but shows that he sees the connection as well.........

Guest Soothsayer

That's that Clouds track I was talking about... ;) I think it's the vocal samples before the drops that make that track so incredible(and if you know where those samples came from, PLEASE let me know...)

Thanks everyone!

Guest splagawaga

hey all,

didnt read most of this thread but i thought it may be a good place to post some tracks. recently ive been producing music which falls somewhere near dubstep. anyway if u want to hear something new give it a go. u may like it :)

www.myspace.com/splagawagawaga

as far as dubstep goes, i havent actively pursued much of it. but for the most part i dont find the structures interesting enough. theyre often extremely simple and i just keep wishing theyd explorer the ideas more and develop the atmospheres into something a little deeper. that said, its designed to be played in a fairly specific enviroment so u cant really make a fair judgment without being in a dark room with an enourmous bass bin to fill it.

theyres still some great stuff out there tho im sure :)

beep!

nice stuff man...

sounds in line with the Hyperdub sound.........

Bass Clef is someone you need to hear if you haven't.......

keep up the bass manipulation....

Akkad

Guest dildo
DJ Cal Cutta- Sagrada Familia mix

little goof-off thing I did last night, live and freestyled(as always), beware pickpockets and loose mixes.

Juju- Punks (Komonazmuk Remix)

Kode 9- Sub-Kontinent

Clouds- Worms

Compound One- One Ting

6blocc- Never Scared

Benga- The Germ

SP:MC- Trust Nobody

UltraBlack- Stab'Em(ReEdit)

Shackleton- Tin Foil Sky

Mala- Hunter

Orien- Belly of the Beast

Kode9 & the Spaceape- Konfusion(Vox)

L-Wiz- Cowboy Universal

Wisp- Avensedora Leaf

Rustie- Response

Tunnidge- Face Melt

murk dweller- The Sound

Ruf- Want Some Crack (Original Mix)

N-Type- Hacksaw

Rusko- Gone 2 Far

Point B- Embrionic

Darqwan- Megatection

Biome- Agitated

Digital Mystikz- Shake Up Your Demons

Zomby- spliff dub (rustie rmx)

Clouds ft. Tiiu- under the dancing feet

link to tracklist

enjoy folks

ha! so you are dj cal cutta! i got one of your mixes on the mu-board some time ago.

nice one man.

hey all,

didnt read most of this thread but i thought it may be a good place to post some tracks. recently ive been producing music which falls somewhere near dubstep. anyway if u want to hear something new give it a go. u may like it :)

www.myspace.com/splagawagawaga

as far as dubstep goes, i havent actively pursued much of it. but for the most part i dont find the structures interesting enough. theyre often extremely simple and i just keep wishing theyd explorer the ideas more and develop the atmospheres into something a little deeper. that said, its designed to be played in a fairly specific enviroment so u cant really make a fair judgment without being in a dark room with an enourmous bass bin to fill it.

theyres still some great stuff out there tho im sure :)

beep!

i like this it reminds me of Scorn a little bit, but more playful

i apologize for spamming a-fucking gain in this thread but i couldn't help it this is a mix i did featuring lots of new exclusive dubstep-ish stuff coming out on RLR -

http://www.dnb-sets.de/?set=115091

and shit this splagawagawaga stuff you have on myspace is EXCELLENT, ive listened to just about every song and im very impressed. Are you signed?

Guest Promo
I enjoyed that mix :beer:

I checked out that Scorn guy because of some of the posts earlier on in the topic, expecting to have a big old lol at it.

Only to find that it is indeed wicked.

Fucking rude!

man i quite like this!

i've got two lull albums by the same guy which are these real low-frequency dark ambient things, and this is sort of like that with a beat and heavy bass! definitely like the atmospherics with this.

and the girl in the front row doing a jig as well :)

I dunno why but I really love that live footage of him. Everytime I watch it it just so makes me want to be there.

I checked out that Scorn guy because of some of the posts earlier on in the topic, expecting to have a big old lol at it.

Fucking rude!

man i quite like this!

i've got two lull albums by the same guy which are these real low-frequency dark ambient things, and this is sort of like that with a beat and heavy bass! definitely like the atmospherics with this.

I dunno why but I really love that live footage of him. Everytime I watch it it just so makes me want to be there.

haha awesome! i bought a ticket for the Invisible records tour back in like 1998 just to see Scorn play and i sat through a terrible Pigface performance and a nastily bad Sheep on Drugs set just to find out that Mick Harris had just had an emergency flight back to england!!! his child was born that night, and if it was anything less important i would have been pissed!!! If he ever makes his way out to the united states again im definitely going to try and set up a couple of shows

Guest Soothsayer

He did just try to come back to NYC for a Painkiller reunion then cancelled at the last minute, wrote a rather odd blog on myspace about it...and if ya care, his blogs on myspace are hilarious.

He did just try to come back to NYC for a Painkiller reunion then cancelled at the last minute, wrote a rather odd blog on myspace about it...and if ya care, his blogs on myspace are hilarious.

i did hear about that, but didnt understand exactly what happened. Im not at the level yet as a show organizer or as a label to validate me flying out Mick harris, i wish i was confident enough in my own abilities but im being realistic here. maybe in 2-3 years the labels following will grow larger and a Scorn show will be more feasible. I would love to have him play at a club with an array of 18" subwoofers

Edited by Ghostbusters III

Guest Soothsayer

I mean, this is just me talking out the side of my neck, so take all this with a grain of salt, but...

I'd say you really are in the perfect position to book Scorn *now*. Scorn is more relevant than he's been in years. SF electronic music scene(due to dubstep, which is widely considered to be a spawn of Mick Harris) is more relevant now than it has been in years, Scorn in San Francisco would certainly perk up ears to RLR, I know Kush Arora is getting hype all over the U.S. right now so that could only help, etc...

I say, take a chance ;) Just tell Mick Harris about the possible fishing spots(he is an AVID fisherman), and he'd be down.

edit: And hell...if ya don't wanna go out totally on your own with this...try to team up w/Staypuft crew, :D

Edited by Soothsayer

I mean, this is just me talking out the side of my neck, so take all this with a grain of salt, but...

I'd say you really are in the perfect position to book Scorn *now*. Scorn is more relevant than he's been in years. SF electronic music scene(due to dubstep, which is widely considered to be a spawn of Mick Harris) is more relevant now than it has been in years, Scorn in San Francisco would certainly perk up ears to RLR, I know Kush Arora is getting hype all over the U.S. right now so that could only help, etc...

I say, take a chance ;) Just tell Mick Harris about the possible fishing spots(he is an AVID fisherman), and he'd be down.

edit: And hell...if ya don't wanna go out totally on your own with this...try to team up w/Staypuft crew, :D

i will definitely take into consideration what you are saying, its just as far as the capital and energy i have right now to not only rent out a very nice club but to pay mick harris a decent fee for coming out here, its not sufficient. is this staypuft crew in the bay area?

Guest Promo

Fucking rude!

man i quite like this!

haha awesome! i bought a ticket for the Invisible records tour back in like 1998 just to see Scorn play and i sat through a terrible Pigface performance and a nastily bad Sheep on Drugs set just to find out that Mick Harris had just had an emergency flight back to england!!! his child was born that night, and if it was anything less important i would have been pissed!!! If he ever makes his way out to the united states again im definitely going to try and set up a couple of shows

Ha, I saw 'Sheep on Drugs' back in 1993 or something. I thought they were totally cool at the time of course but granted that was a long time ago. Think it might have even been my first proper gig except for Michael Jackson.