IGNORED

Help !

Squee

I'm not really sure where this track is going? It usually feels better when you just go with the flow, but it just sort of stopped a couple of weeks ago. Help!

Guest yan_g

dunno where you can go but i like it. that nearly unhearable beat is excellent, like there's something secret going on, and i dunno what it is, that's why i can't take you any further :) do your job and post again, wanna know what's going on (stoned, just been watching blue velvet by david lynch which made my dark sensitivities spring to surface.)

Guest tht! tne

it needs a fountain of melody springing

up to turn it around like the transition

between banstyle and sappys curry on

underworlds 2nd toughest in the infants.

also a beat should come in preferably

one that has the same tempo as before.

So, you're suggesting a melody and a beat? I want to keep it as minimalistic as possible, so I might add a very simple and glitchy beat, but the thing is that it's extremely to find any tones that actually fit the already exciting pulsating ambient tones. This is gonna be the death of me.

Guest yan_g
So, you're suggesting a melody and a beat? I want to keep it as minimalistic as possible, so I might add a very simple and glitchy beat, but the thing is that it's extremely to find any tones that actually fit the already exciting pulsating ambient tones. This is gonna be the death of me.

if you're simply ininspired, focus on some other track and come back to it later. i've got some tracks i let 4 years without touching before i finished them. sometimes it's gotta grow on you doesn't it?

Guest gurt massif

Thats cool, I like the crackles as drums hits thing. Works relly well. If it were my song I'd add a higher melody line in the next octave up and see were that takes it. Not a particularly inspired idea probably but thats what I heard happening.

i agree with yan_g second post about leaving the track for awhile. i love the sounds and the pad youre using. the dense bass is perfect. this could turn into an epic track. let it simmer.

the voice sample reminded me of shadow's entroducing for its content and the way its mixed in. not point in that just thought idd add that thought.

Guest Promo

This has a very dubby bassy vibe to it - good for a chill out room. Not the sort of thing I'd jump around too but I could hear some extra elements on top as it was progressing. I like the feel of the production. Yeah nice vibe .... would be eager to hear how this one develops.

Thank you very much, guys. I'm going to see if I can add more melodies to it, but I'll still want to keep it simple though.

yan_g, the thing is that I hate starting on something new until my current project is finished. I've always seen that as slobby work, so I'm going to work my ass off to get this track to sound right, though it seems to be getting on my tits.

Promo, that's exactly what I'm aiming for ;)

Guest splagawaga

its very nice indd, the sub pops and high clips are minimal but spot on.

theres alot u could do with this track, but it depends alot on what u have in mind.

id suggest: a classic touch, put some organic samples into a ringmod>filter>delay>reverb and have them trickle around. just to open it up a bit more and give it some kind of setting. perhaps take chunks of a radio being tuned and mess them about. whatever u like really.

bring in more percussion. u could add a hi-hat type part, again maybe take a chunk of radio noise and chop it in time. start it really simply and build it up more and more.

melody touch: add a few blips of melody, in keeping with the chord part

just keep it building and moving onwards.

copy past change copy paste change. always works.

goodluck.

nice track so far.

infact, im stuck for ideas so im gonna remix like some1 else did, except ill use my ears :P

Archived