IGNORED

All my favourite tunes I've here..

Dale

Guest Wrong Answer

Greener_On_The_Other_Side

The delayed reverb on the hi-hat makes the first beat a little awkward, but I love it when occasionally the fat kick drum comes in. The sine melody that comes in half way through serves as a welcome respite from the main pads which dominate. I like it when the drums go solo and glitch out, I'd like to hear more of that throughout the song.

Phixxel

Pretty mad sounds going on, I especially like that high pitched muted piano (or whatever it is). Feels like it's building toward something and is gonna go off big time but it never happens. Bring in the kick drum I say (or one that you can hear through the distortion).

Hard_On

I dig how the beat alternates between something fairly standard and the more complex rhythm. This is probably the best tune so far, lots of changes to keep things interesting. The mastering could use work but I'm not the best person to judge that.

Nightlife

Worse mastering this time, ruins the listening experiences a bit. Sounds like you need to think about note placement/quantization a bit more (possibly another area where I shouldn't pass judgment) because the keys are annoyingly ahead of the beat, something needs tweaking.

Landscape_X

Nice original sounding melodies/harmonies. Lush reverbs and delays. Not much to criticize about in this one, I like it.

Yes, very nice.

Phixxel [killer name] sounds like something right form Squarepusher himself.

[May or may not be a compliment, you decide.]

And I love the, like, first 15 seconds the best.

But it should still be longer.

Dale dearst, do me a favor, please.

Make a whole song with the root of it being that sample from 0.04 to 0.10?

Of course, incorporate other sounds in there.

EXAMPLE:

Like in Bucaphalus Bouncing Ball, the root is that CHLANK sound [the one you hear in the WHOLE thing], it sounds like something metallic.

But whatever, please consider my request.

Archived