IGNORED

Radio Mixes

Guest geographyhorse

Guest geographyhorse

Hi there,

Some of you may remember me. As of late, I have actually been mixing various radio samples together. I know it isn't really like my old music, which I think many of you would prefer, but I enjoy doing it and believe that am/fm radio transmissions and the cassette are also useful tools in creating art. I am not using the name geographyhorse in this project, and the name on the myspace page is not the name of the project either. The project does not have a name and I am not taking credit for creating these tracks as I would most likely get sued. However, I was wondering what you folks think of them? I personally think a3 and a4 are the better ones. I didn't like how a2 turned out, but I plan to remix these onto cassettes later anyway and perhaps a2 might serve as a nice background at parts. For those of you who are looking forward to new Geographyhorse material..... "be patient, it will come."

http://www.myspace.com/cditnormalbias

p.s.- Because someone's song appears in a mix; it does not mean that I actually support that artist or hold a particular position concerning the work. I propose that I am creating a form of entertainment and messages and meanings are simply concepts that do not apply in this case. These creations don't mean anything.

Guest geographyhorse
kinda oldtunesish. new geographyhorse!

I am not really sure what new sounds are???? I know very little about various scenes and what not?..... And as far as the radio mixes, I have to have people point out the song names for me (I have no idea what they are other than I used them). :beer: Ummmmm.......

Guest geographyhorse

Theo-

Post me a link and I'll check 'er out. I actually look forward to downloading some people's stuff as I'm broke and it gives me access to free music.

Guest geographyhorse
this is quite nice stuff!

i like it a bit better when the musical sample are a little more buried and ambiguous though... when that supertramp (?) song comes on a4 it kind of ruins the effect for me - it's just too upfront and straight for me. having the little snatches of vocals and things drifting around is nice though.

i've been collecting all sort of weird things from the radio ever since i got a boombox aged 9 (mostly insane talkback stuff at 3 in the morning - i've got a old man ringing in talking about how he blew up an american bar in the vietnam war and killed 20 soldiers because they wouldn't serve him - "and no-one found out?" "no"). i've never really tried to use them in a musical context though, more just collecting weird little oddities. this is definitely a cool idea... i'd like to hear a record of stuff like this.

I know what you mean.... that is actually what kinda fueled the idea.... when I actually start compiling cassettes I think I may actually use "chatter", "commercials", and "static" as filler. There is an endless abundance of stuff to use that is broadcasted daily on the radio. And it never ceases, nor does it actually repeat. I realize there is a bunch of homogenous music that is going down, but the interviews, live-callers, commercials, chatter, talk shows, preachers, news casts.... they are all unique and different. There is almost this wierd am/fm landscape that can be built. It is only shame that one cannot make money, but that has never stopped me and that is why I have taken up the project. Besides, it is almost acts as a bizarre form of art terrorism for me.

Archived