IGNORED

decent low-cpu reverb for ableton?

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

Guest mooncup

i realise that i probably need to upgrade my computer to use ableton properly but i'm wondering if i can find a quicker easier solution.

basically the problem is that as soon as i add a reverb unit to a machine, or even on the fucking a send channel thing - it starts fucking up the sound meaning not enough processor power or whatever that shit means. its so annoying. i'm currently using just built in reverb units. so i'm wondering if trying some different ones might work better.

i recently switched to ableton live from buzz when it finally crapped out for good. the switch has been hard and i've considered going back a few times, especially when mcbpete said buzz is still supported but i restrained myself as there are some things i like in ableton and i was getting a bit stale in buzz. but if ableton is restricting me then its obviously not a good move.

Guest mooncup

damn i should have stated freeware. i'll check freeverb out now.thnks

my pc is a coupla years old now. its a 2.6GHz with 512 RAM. i could run a million reverb units in buzz

try this.

u shouldnt be having problems with your machine by the way. bit low on ram, but ive run live on a machine with half gig and 1.7ghz centrino with plenty of audio, soft synths and effects. what audio interface are u using?

Guest mooncup

freeverb still fucks up the audio. i'll try classic.

buti think the problem might be unfixable with different machines now. even an eq unit seems to fuck up. yet i can have 5 instances of the sampler running no problems, which i've started using instead of intakt as its less cpu-intensive.

sound card = creative sb audigy 2 zs

old..

freeverb still fucks up the audio. i'll try classic.

buti think the problem might be unfixable with different machines now. even an eq unit seems to fuck up. yet i can have 5 instances of the sampler running no problems, which i've started using instead of intakt as its less cpu-intensive.

sound card = creative sb audigy 2 zs

old..

What sound drivers are you using? Try ASIO4All

Guest mooncup

that classic reverb is a bit crap. i installed the rest of the classic set though and they seem ok. still distorting though. i'm gonna read an install guide and see what i did wrong.

yeah, it's not the best reverb. works well for a certain sound, but not a good all-rounder at all.

try this.

more subtle, but still basic.

Archived