IGNORED

Idiron Soundtrack - CHRONICLES OF BOOMTHWACK

Guest idrn

Guest Idiron

CoB2.jpg

this is an LP consisting of my favourite breakcore/harder stuff ive made over the years just ordered and mastered...

sorry, i cant be fucked to write up all the BB code so ill just link to the directory (or you could access it through myspace):

http://idiron.kaen.org/boomthwack

hope you like it even though its not very 'watmm' :rolleyes:

cheers now

im going to skin up and make a cup of tea and listen to these

and then i will probably report back

oh and i want a copy of that fish grime tune ready to download when i do

"couldnt really get into it" - Chris Moss

"Nersary Rythmes of the Breakcore Side, i'd rather wack off to sister sledge" - Brad Striker

"is this Nu-Rave?" - The Klacksons

"on the serious tip its really good, im proud of you, but you need to put "Featuring CMA" on the song "Go Go Rince YO" which im in...i'll sue if you dont.... " - Chris Moss

Guest Idiron

lol, i would like clarify that this is just the sample of him going "super sharp shooootteeeeeeer"

i've been trying to get into this sort of music a bit more recently and so much that i have heard is toss, i really enjoyed this though. one thing that has ruined alot of it is gay samples but these are cool, nice work mate!

darkness is eternal - textbook dnb intro. 1.27 is my favourite 3 digit number and is the exact time the drums attack. very well produced 2.41 drum delay rush makes way for nice drum breakdown 3.23 bitcrusher arrives on cue and is welcomed like an old friend. 3.43 sexy sample sexy modulation 3.49 4.00 bring the beats back

impending crescendo screaming for some harsh high frequency stabs(?)* -wwait..4.40 .....5minutes ok...

yeah this'll do ....notbad at all.

technob - no no nonono no nonono nono theres no limits...can u go 4/4 with think break please....yes!!!

1.25 kickdrum power up +5pts - pretty sweet fuckery ensues .this is definitely going off. 2.40 even more so. well executed filter sweeps prevail. 3.27 sexy!!! +5pts ..pantastic. it finished. my favourite so far

robotuss rave no mucking about straight into battle mode .110 filthy kicks take hold 129 nice.

not much to say about this one, im a bit sick of this sort of thing lately. but this is pretty decent . well produced - if a little formulaic.

murk track 2mins in.. just got done typing the robotuss one.. not really feeling this. not into the vocals for badbwoy vocals sake. 3minutes eminem .hmmmm..... well made again...not getting me on the disco floor much though

vacuum anathemic whole collection is very tidily produced but it's very quiet..my volumes on very high and something is still missing on this track. prefer this type, like trk1,of more dnbish stuff to the more breakcorey raggle stuff [/opinion] [previous track] in full swing again at 4.30 5..15 *those high synths is what i meant earlier -

raggamanruffsidez enthusiasm waned consistently throughout this one for some reason

gogorinseyo old school square rave aesthetics 0:58 lush pad emergeth i dont need no goodgoodgood . 130 ive been back on the dancefloor for ages. 144 lol sharp shooter 155 nice clownstep shuffle 225 hands in the air from here on out. highly favourable - is he saying "peanut butter telegram"? gabba .ouch last 30 seconds superduper short but sweetest

in summary in order of good

gogorinseyo/technob/darkness is eternal/vacuum anathemic/ win

robotuss rave / yeah (slight wobble in voice)

raggamanruffsidez / murk track hmmmmm

which is really very good considering i generally can't be that arsed with this sort of thing much . as i write this bit iTunes has moved on to impakt from idiron soundtracks and "squelchy belchy" is playing and i am reminded why it is i don't really listen to much breakcore. this is overall very tidily produced generic breakcore. i like half of this album more than a great deal of signed breakcore. the 4 best tracks is a sound 4trk ep. also my remix of technob would wail.

as i write this bit iTunes has moved on to impakt from idiron soundtracks and "squelchy belchy" is playing and i am reminded why it is i don't really listen to much breakcore.

i realise that could be interpreted 2 ways by those unfamiliar with the track

you could interpret that to mean that the impakt track is some boring example of bland generic breakcore

but that would be the wrong way to interpret it

because it is superb and vastly superior to breakcore and right up my passage.

Guest Idiron
darkness is eternal - textbook dnb intro. 1.27 is my favourite 3 digit number and is the exact time the drums attack. very well produced 2.41 drum delay rush makes way for nice drum breakdown 3.23 bitcrusher arrives on cue and is welcomed like an old friend. 3.43 sexy sample sexy modulation 3.49 4.00 bring the beats back

impending crescendo screaming for some harsh high frequency stabs(?)* -wwait..4.40 .....5minutes ok...

yeah this'll do ....notbad at all.

technob - no no nonono no nonono nono theres no limits...can u go 4/4 with think break please....yes!!!

1.25 kickdrum power up +5pts - pretty sweet fuckery ensues .this is definitely going off. 2.40 even more so. well executed filter sweeps prevail. 3.27 sexy!!! +5pts ..pantastic. it finished. my favourite so far

robotuss rave no mucking about straight into battle mode .110 filthy kicks take hold 129 nice.

not much to say about this one, im a bit sick of this sort of thing lately. but this is pretty decent . well produced - if a little formulaic.

murk track 2mins in.. just got done typing the robotuss one.. not really feeling this. not into the vocals for badbwoy vocals sake. 3minutes eminem .hmmmm..... well made again...not getting me on the disco floor much though

vacuum anathemic whole collection is very tidily produced but it's very quiet..my volumes on very high and something is still missing on this track. prefer this type, like trk1,of more dnbish stuff to the more breakcorey raggle stuff [/opinion] [previous track] in full swing again at 4.30 5..15 *those high synths is what i meant earlier -

raggamanruffsidez enthusiasm waned consistently throughout this one for some reason

gogorinseyo old school square rave aesthetics 0:58 lush pad emergeth i dont need no goodgoodgood . 130 ive been back on the dancefloor for ages. 144 lol sharp shooter 155 nice clownstep shuffle 225 hands in the air from here on out. highly favourable - is he saying "peanut butter telegram"? gabba .ouch last 30 seconds superduper short but sweetest

in summary in order of good

gogorinseyo/technob/darkness is eternal/vacuum anathemic/ win

robotuss rave / yeah (slight wobble in voice)

raggamanruffsidez / murk track hmmmmm

which is really very good considering i generally can't be that arsed with this sort of thing much . as i write this bit iTunes has moved on to impakt from idiron soundtracks and "squelchy belchy" is playing and i am reminded why it is i don't really listen to much breakcore. this is overall very tidily produced generic breakcore. i like half of this album more than a great deal of signed breakcore. the 4 best tracks is a sound 4trk ep. also my remix of technob would wail.

haha, thats a rather concise review.

interesting that you should order them in such a way though - it is pretty much the order in which i created them with Go Go Rinse Yo being a quick track i finished before Wayward Kiss (on myspazz). however, raggamanruffsidez is about 3 years old, roughly updated in the last year into something more listenable, darkness is eternal is also 3 years old - it was my first ever breakcore track (i vaguely remember getting a 'this idiron shit is wicked' when my mate sent it to snares on slsk all those years ago).

basically, i dont think the lp is very tight as youve pointed out - theres so many things i could go back and change/re-do but theres no point. the only thing i think i will do is sort out Technob which always sounds dodgy out of club speakers!

ta

Guest iep

idiron = worst watmm member ever

gogorinseyo = worst track name ever

gogorinseyo = fkcing wicked track i'd go off to like a firecracker when heard over large soundsystems

HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE THEN

well done, CHAP !

Guest Idiron

lol, its go go rinse yo

sorry, its horrid hearing youre the worst member ever... so in turning over a new leaf my first task shall be to spend more time commenting on YLC content :)

Guest iep
its horrid hearing youre the worst member ever...

:cry2:

:flower:

The actual purpose of my post being the wry juxtaposition of crude insults with somewhat aloof praise and whilst I enjoy the Iddy Pop thouroughly, I must admit that the only composition of your Boomthwack project worth listening is the 'Go Go, Rinse Yo' with its carefully chosen overdriven bass-drum timbres and tasteful square wave synthesizer tones. Yessir.

Archived