IGNORED

The Jaffa Kid-Wrangled Mangled (LP)

Jaffa

jaffa_news.jpg

http://www.electronicdiversity.com/catalog.htm

Forgot to PR this, its a collection of old tracks remastered by Milleu for his friends label(Electronic Diversity), many thanks to Brian for the help, 17 tracks on it, some good ones from ages ago and not so old ones but still good. Some of the sound quality is total old school due to crappy tdk tape some is sharp and proper. A mixed bag. Enjoy it I hope.

I'm so on this. Thanks Jaffa. Excited to hear it. The talk of tape quality makes it sound even more enticing. : )

Mossy, you and Darren are getting a Modarec mix up by me and Neil(Fulcrum4) of all exclusive tracks and new shit soon enough, now that I can afford stamps.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest geographyhorse

I remember alot of these tracks.... great collection you have here Jaffa....... :angel:

I've always been a fan..... Really love Pumpkin's Theme and Sandyford Garage.......

Guest yan_g

twin peaks :)

that was the avatar comment.

1st track - love the mood. very good in its style. i would love the last track of the release to be an evolution if it, because imo it deserves evolution.

2nd - like the mood as well. production could be better imo, sounds too busy in the low mids, unless it's on purpose :) don't like the snare sample because it has no high freqs, but that must be on purpose.

Searching For You Again - loving how this starts, definitely the kind of tracks of yours i like best. that said i would'nt mind a little cherry beat on top :)

what gear dis you use for this track? loving the noise :) sounds like a tape recording.

Montroses Wail - i like it when the synths enter near the end, about the only thing i like in this track

Desrelle - tis great when the beat enters, then there could be more evolution.

not going any further, will review some other peeps' tracks :)

to sum up i'd say that to my ears your more quiet tracks have more soul, are more meaningful, but that could be just because i'm not sensitive to your repetitive tracks' vibe. just my impression.

I reckon you're just about my favourite producer putting up stuff here on EKT at the moment, always fresh and never bogged down in narrow tunnels. I have at least 10 max. rated tracks on this release that will have a lot of plays in the future. just a few to get to the PERFECT release. very coherent! :P

Archived