IGNORED

working on this

Guest psy-sci

Guest psy-sci

i wrote it on piano and just programmed it, not sure what the final product will be but i like it so far.

how bout you?

tnr.mp3

thanks for sharing, i think it has potential, all that matters now is what you plan on doing with it? quite an epic sounding sort of track, really deep.

Guest psy-sci

i got some interest from a vocalist, today i was mixing it with a electronic music track and it sounded pretty nice. I think i might add some clicky drums but nothing too much. I had also thought about playing some live piano over it. Hopefully I wont get lazy and abandon it.

Thank you! :D

Guest taxman

i don't care for the way that first synth pulsates. it's kind of distracting. if the idea was to get listeners attention then maybe you could make it change speeds as it plays to make a more interesting texture.

the trumpet sound is nice but i feel like it needs something... maybe play with the envelopes a little or maybe add some reverb. i like the melody it's doing.

the high pitched synth doesn't fit imo. the tracks seems like it should be mellow and chill but the high pitches aren't relaxing you know? maybe if you made that melody more stacatto but extended the notes with a delay it wouldn't overpower the mood so much.

it's a start. keep working on it man

Guest psy-sci

thanks great suggestions. It is a bit high pitched. It is all done with synful orchestra, i dont really like it much anymore, i was happier with edirol orchestral. You have any suggestions for a better orchestral vst? The good ones are a bit hard to come by for free. One day maybe ill break down and spend 3 grand for a nice one(in my dreams!)

Guest yan_g

nothing's like a real orchestra. imo you'd better compose for instruments you can actually record (that's if you've got musician friends indeed). either that or use computers for what they can do best - electronic music. i mean it's good for training but not for releasing...

Guest tht! tne
i don't care for the way that first synth pulsates. it's kind of distracting. if the idea was to get listeners attention then maybe you could make it change speeds as it plays to make a more interesting texture.

the trumpet sound is nice but i feel like it needs something... maybe play with the envelopes a little or maybe add some reverb. i like the melody it's doing.

the high pitched synth doesn't fit imo. the tracks seems like it should be mellow and chill but the high pitches aren't relaxing you know? maybe if you made that melody more stacatto but extended the notes with a delay it wouldn't overpower the mood so much.

it's a start. keep working on it man

reticent to quote a whole post but taxman's on point

Guest psy-sci
nothing's like a real orchestra. imo you'd better compose for instruments you can actually record (that's if you've got musician friends indeed). either that or use computers for what they can do best - electronic music. i mean it's good for training but not for releasing...

i was gonna call the kronos quartet but i figured they would be busy :P

Guest psy-sci

also id like to add that, i didnt really make this for releasing anywhere. Ive never really released anything and i dont take that approach when writing a song. Is this place only for stuff intended for release somewhere? I thought it was about having fun

Archived