IGNORED

where should I send my demo(s)?

Guest No Pomo

Guest skytree
your personality reminds me of Skytrees quite a bit. i'd say he and i are pretty good friends, but extremely different, especially in our methods of teaching.

Well, this is typically my way of going about it recently too...

i believe people learn first and foremost by experience, second by example, and lastly through advice.

Where we differ the most is just the focus of what we feel to be important and conversely, insigificant. That's pretty much where everybody differs the most from everybody else, though. :)

Man, some pizza would be great.

Guest B3yond

I think that starting a netlabel wont help a beginning producer ,the thing is that if you look for a label you have to orient yourself to what a label is bringing out musicaly wise and not not sending demo's to the wrong people, myspace can be good to send links to mp3's but you never know who's behind a labelpage but i seen some ppl get recorddeals out of that , and indeed only the music is what counts and there is a lot of competition.

This track is great. I'm still sometimes amazed by the stuff other users on here produce...

holy fucking thanks, m8

i really enjoy your stuff (i need to buy your thing on earstroke, sorry i haven't done that yet, but St. Croix Boomsite is by far my favorite track by you (2nd favorite being Night Meeting off the p168 ep (ps is that named after the Ray Bradbury short story off of the Martian Chronicles?)) (ps i sampled St. Croix Boomsite on "RATBOY IZ BALLIN", it's not very noticeable but i used the drums from the beginning of your track is there about 1:05ish in buried under the Front Line Assembly and pitch shifted and fuxt/sliced). I'm glad someone who's music I really enjoy and spend time listening to it praise me. (you may notice that you show up on my last.fm page http://www.last.fm/user/HYPERFUKBOT/ granted, you're #50 in the ranking but you're still there heh, above other musicians who i also enjoy but somehow didn't make it (chris moss acid comes to mind idk why he doesn't show up(I think last.fm lies or something I SWEAR i listen to you more than autechre)) qqq. so serious thanks for liking my music, it's really something to have people say they like my stuff but it's even more for someone who's music i appreciate / look up to say to. in fact you influenced me to move more towards sampling in a post a while back in general banter, you said something to the effect of "I want to see more musicians do sampling", and i was listening to amon tobin and you and hiphop and it all kinda melted together. if i had more stuff online i would link you to it but i don't sry (well there's that shitty p168 ep as 'celatid' but i'm not proud of it kthx).

I THINK WE'VE STUMBLED ON SOME KIND OF KOOKY MYSTERY HERE, LET'S LOOK AROUND.

Guest psy-sci

if your still looking for a label im looking for stuff

i am releasing stuff here

send me a demo if you are interested

im gonna be releasing at least one release a month

• 2 weeks later...

Being signed isn't all it's cracked up to be. I wouldn't worry about it at all. Get on with the MOST important thing.

Guest Glass Plate

well I mean, Im just too lazy to promote myself, I know my music is nothing special yet, and I will hate it (more than I already kinda do) a few years from now, I'd just like to send out my demos and see if they get heard any you know? I wasn't meaning anything serious about it, I doubt that music will ever even be close of a serious source of income for me.

Archived