IGNORED

where should I send my demo(s)?

Guest No Pomo

Guest Glass Plate

I have multiple projects that have tons of material stocked up.

One is an ultra odd experimental album off bizarre sounds, and the other is my usual trying to be decent Sam White electronic/electronic music/sampling music.

What labels should I send demos too? For the experimental just a net release would definately be fine. I would like to see how decent of a label would accept my normal stuff though I'm not expecting much. I dunno, just want to see what suggestions you all have.

damn man your still really young from what i gather. if i were you, i'd just concentrate on getting gigs, and then get the offer then if someone sees how good you are live..

don't send any demos..you will regret it after a few years when you listen to the shit you send out now.

you could also do what every other idmz artist does..start a netlabel.

Guest AlexPallas
Komsomolet Records

lolol

but srsly to be honest no one gives a fuck anyone that you do give them to wont listen. play gigs and try to maek everyone who cares forget that electronic music was never popular in the first place unless its broken down commercial pop backtracks.

Guest Glass Plate

Guys, I'm in KENTUCKY, gigs are pretty much out of the question.

you could also do what every other idmz artist does..start a netlabel.

look at my siggy -.-

so no one even has some other netlabels that are somewhat decent to send demos to?

Guest skytree
This track is great. I'm still sometimes amazed by the stuff other users on here produce...

Guest Promo
Just pretend to be a chick on MySpace

Lol.

But on a serious point that personally doesn't wash with me. If I like someone's music I like it. A person's sex just doesn't effect my judgement at all.

Guest ۞ Syntheme ۞

there's no point sending a 3d tape, just send an mp3 via myspace. It's cheaper and a lot more direct.

Guest ۞ Syntheme ۞
SO MUCH COMMON SENSE IN THIS THREAD I CAN HARDLY BREATHE

EVERYONE IS SO REASONABLE AND CLEVER

my irony meter is flapping like a compass at the north pole

Guest Glass Plate

ok, well thanks for the suggestions

so far

i have

0 labels that i might see if they'd sign me.

I remember when you werent a dick luke... not sure what happened... or maybe you just bluffed well.

anyways, glassplate.

I dont mean to be a debbie downer... but realistically, you probably arent going to get signed at this point. Im not saying that because I think you suck (I actually havent heard much by you) Im saying it, because we live in a odd world right now. making records isnt a very lucrative business right now, and when you talk about record labels, you are talking BUSINESS. even if you were the next afx, it would still probably be hard, considering your position. you are young, in a place with virtually no scene or avenue for performing, and do not have much experience (and I dont mean that in a musical sense...I mean, no one is going to sign someone who hasnt even played a real gig). people need to KNOW that they will make money off of you. thats a hard thing to KNOW.

I suggest doing it on your own for now. if you have the passion, youll make it happen, and currently, I think that is what labels want to see... passion and dedication. they need to know that if they invest in you, you wont just sit back, and go "thanks for releasing me" and sit back and surf the net or something. play out. ANY WHERE. EVERYWHERE. house parties, dive bars, in the woods. if there are no events to play at... make events. press your own cds. get a fan base on myspace... really market yourself. perhaps finding a good netlabel would suit you for now. gives you a bit more exposure and experience.

I know its not what you want to hear... but its realistic. if I remember correctly, you are still in highschool? you have PLENTY of time man. Dont be impatient. ive been dreaming of releasing music since I was 14. Im almost 24. It takes a LOT of time and hard work... and when I do release my first album its going to be self released. I have no delusions about how long this will take... but Im pursing it regardless.

keep working on your music... just do it because you love it, and make that goal for yourself, that sometime in the future you will be in a better position to realize it.

best of luck man

keep on pushing

Guest Glass Plate

thank you that was nice.. every time I get help it's just saying "you're not going to get much, at best a net label etc" well, what's a good netlabel to try to get on to? that's all I'm saying, I deffinately no, that I wouldn't be signed to a MAJOR label or even most labels that produce hard copy in general, I just want to find a place that is slightly well known/viewed that could help promote my music, but Im still without any recommendations. Oh well I still thank you for the kind words of wisdom and such, and of course the music is for me, but I mean it's nice to get reactions of it too, and what not blah blah.

I remember when you werent a dick luke... not sure what happened... or maybe you just bluffed well.

your personality reminds me of Skytrees quite a bit. i'd say he and i are pretty good friends, but extremely different, especially in our methods of teaching.

i believe people learn first and foremost by experience, second by example, and lastly through advice.

glass plate is obviously young and inexperienced, and his art is still in the beginning stages. when it is the right time, the question he is asking will be answered for him.

ok. but just in general, you seem to go out of your way to say stupid shit, in overly sarcastic and snide manners. I dont remember you always being like that. Getting jaded? Cant beat em join em?

and also, not sure what your relationship with skytee has to do with me, or my comment on your attitude.

ok. but just in general, you seem to go out of your way to say stupid shit, in overly sarcastic and snide manners. I dont remember you always being like that. Getting jaded? Cant beat em join em?

and also, not sure what your relationship with skytee has to do with me, or my comment on your attitude.

that's fine. it isn't important, man. i didn't take any offense, and i don't care what you think about me.

we all have opinions, and i'm not going to waste time trying to explain my worldview to you.

for the record, i think you're ok. relax.

:beer:

I thought you were ok too... but every post Ive read by you lately has made me just go "wtf?"

its fine if you dont care... just thought id mention, cause im confused as to why your behavior suddenly changed.

Archived