IGNORED

Does anyone use Recycle

Siegecow

Ever since i built my new computer, recycle stopped working for me, every time i launch it, it just gives me some vague error message "recycle couldnt start because of an unknown error"

I think it may be because of my 64x processor but im not positive, i read somewhere there was some patch for 64x machines but i can't find anything, anyone gotten this bug before?

Guest Vegeta897

I've got an AMD 64 3000 running 64bit version of XP, and Recycle runs fine. Have you tried reinstalling?

people still use recycle

actually, let's not rag on the recycle - 10 years ago it was the only tool for getting da breaks down tight. Akai samplers, SCSI cards and recycle - happy days.

now it's just for people who use reason i should imagine.

*installs recycle for old times sake*

I think recycle is just fast and I like working with individual wav samples, and my hosts don't have a beat chopper built in.

I can load it up, load a break, get the sensitivity right, set my bpm, then increase the pitch until it sounds right. I've made a million lame ass James Brown breaks sound more electronic music by increasing the pitch. Also I like how you can scrub the loop, so if you got a song playing in the background, you can scrub around and see what it would sound like if you were writing drill.

Also I actually like the ghetto way it adds release/decay by slowly playing the sound backwards at the end of the sample, allows for more fluid movement when you are programming beats instead of annoying chopped "end of sample" sounds.

Archived