IGNORED

New Aphex?

murve33

Sorry, didn't think about that. This is the best i could do.

Cyberspace: Track Preview: (From Down Here) She Looks Like an Angel Now

-------------------------

alexander

A track I'm doing for Peppermill's 52 weeks-project.

Download the preview.

Hope you like it!

-------------------------

robotcha

Heya! I loved it last night when u posted the small clip. I love what you have done with it. The beat is badass ^_^

------------------------

koew

A refreshing breath of great 8-bit mastery on a good beat-base. It's wonderful and makes me want for more, MORE, MOAR!

If this' the preview, I can't imagine how the finished version will be.

------------------------

alexander

Well, here it is (yes, really, didn't take five months!). It's somewhat rushed, but I'm fine with that; It feels done, and it feels good finishing a track so quickly for once.

Binärpilot - (From Down Here) She Looks Like an Angel Now

The project involved having to choose a recent news article for title and inspiration, so here's the link to that as well. (To be honest I just looked for a good title.)

---------------------------

hotdog963al

DUDE.

You're on the same release as Virt?

YAY

Virt ftw! <3

-----------------------------

alexander

Yes, we're on the same set. Rumors have it that Aphex Twin is also contributing, under another alias of course, but still. I'm definitely in good company.

------------------------------

hotdog963al

Holiee Shizzlizzle, that's great news! :-)

1 to 7 of 7

Guest mrcopyandpaste

ctrl+f 's aphex

understands nothing.

i never thought any kind of twin collab was up to much anyway

Guest AOOproductions
wake me up when u know who it is

Yea... Is anyone else dying for a cold hard fact about anything RDJ? Especially after this whole Tuss fiasco.

Guest Kenneth172

Not more rumour mongering if supposed new Aphex material... I'll believe it when I read an official announcement. A new official album is long overdue from Aphex now anyway (not counting Analord or The Tuss (who according to Warp is 'NOT AFX'), Drukqs was released back in 2001 FFS....

Guest getting photons

If you don't think The Tuss is AFX then you've lost your rights to listen to his music.

Guest Barricade

Yeah I wanna see a release that says APHEX TWIN and not AFX or THE TUSS or whatever. I'd like to see RDJ doing something like Windowlicker again, not in that style but just a fucking great track that will put every other artist back in his place again.

Guest Kibreg
...The Tuss (who according to Warp is 'NOT AFX')...

umm... might wanna reread warpmart's note on that. they edited the "new not aphex" comment because apparently some people didn't get the sarcasm of it.

THE TUSS: RUSHUP EDGE

[REPHLEX] NEW APHEX?

So this album is apparently by Karen Tregasken, according to the label.Brian's transvestite alter ego Well it's not, it's clearly the work of someone with an awesome collection of Analogue gear, a brilliant ear for music and a publishing deal with Chrysalis. The album is best hear across the 3 x 12" where each track is allowed to breathe, and what good tracks they are, happier and more experimental than the Analord series, less 303 based, and really rather great.

gee, I wonder who they could be referring to?

Guest Caustic
...The Tuss (who according to Warp is 'NOT AFX')...

umm... might wanna reread warpmart's note on that. they edited the "new not aphex" comment because apparently some people didn't get the sarcasm of it.

THE TUSS: RUSHUP EDGE

[REPHLEX] NEW APHEX?

So this album is apparently by Karen Tregasken, according to the label.Brian's transvestite alter ego Well it's not, it's clearly the work of someone with an awesome collection of Analogue gear, a brilliant ear for music and a publishing deal with Chrysalis. The album is best hear across the 3 x 12" where each track is allowed to breathe, and what good tracks they are, happier and more experimental than the Analord series, less 303 based, and really rather great.

gee, I wonder who they could be referring to?

OBVIOUSLY THE FLASKBURB.

DUUUHHHR.

Yeah I wanna see a release that says APHEX TWIN and not AFX or THE TUSS or whatever. I'd like to see RDJ doing something like Windowlicker again, not in that style but just a fucking great track that will put every other artist back in his place again.

Why?

same guy.

same music.

plus "death fuck" kills it.

Guest Kenneth172

Of course The Tuss is AFX - use your ears! I was being sarcastic about Warp's 'NOT AFX' comment. Can't believe you're all still bickering about who it is... OWNED!

Guest Helper ET

I think the truth is most people probably don't KNOW who it really is, except the people involved obviously.

We aren't supposed to know.....

Even most of you seem to think you know...funny

Guest Kenneth172

I have it on good authority, "use your ears!"

But clearly RDJ has shot himself in the foot this time by choosing another fake persona which has cast so much doubt and speculation over the true legitimacy of this recording, the Myspace fakers made matters ten times worse. Idiots. In any case, use your ears!

Guest Helper ET

Using my ears is what makes me think it's not AFX

AFX has a sound. He always has, even when he goes out of his norm. This sounds nothing like that. It's too broken and not flowy enough.

Guest AOOproductions
AFX has a sound. He always has, even when he goes out of his norm. This sounds nothing like that. It's too broken and not flowy enough.

Agreed. But AFX has obviously practiced many different styles and hasn't made a non Analord record in 6 years. So It could be fair to assume he has maybe picked up a few tricks here or there, AGAIN.

Guest môak

unfortunately he has to sift through shit of 49% of wankers to be able to share his art with collectors and those appreciated.

Guest Dirty Protest

Is a cover with the words Aphex Twin going to make the music any better? Half this thread sounds like a fucking Take That fan club.

Guest Kenneth172

The words Aphex Twin adds a cerain seal of quality. But you're right, it isn't going to make it sound any better. Can't believe this discussion is still going on...

Guest Dirty Protest

If RDJ was to release some under a different name and it was any good, forums like this would have it found in a matter of weeks even if noone was to know it was RDJ. Quality rises.

Archived