IGNORED

Technical Prob with reason and rebirth

Guest jamesy boy!

Guest jamesy boy!

alrite peoples, just had a well annoying thing happen to me, just finished recording a filthy acid house track and went to export it and for some fucking unknown reason i cant seem to fix, rebirth is out of tune with reason and what sounded good when both programs were open now sounds shit.

Rebirth seems to pitch everything up when it's re-wired through Reason, so to compensate i dropped the 303's an octave and thus it sounded good. When the tracks exported tho ReBirth keeps the original pitch it's meant to be at so now I have a really low and muddy sounding 303 in the track.

Trying to compensate I just pitched everything back up and try to export it but it still sounds muddy and out of tune.

any help or reason as to why this is happening would be fantastiche x

Guest Idiron

you need to ensure you recorded into rebirth's sequencer that the 303's pitch is different rather than just changing it during playback. rebirth's sequencer makes automation for all parameters when you start using it, not just those which you tweak.

Guest Drahken

Run them both through Cubase using rewire and record that way if your able.

Oh shit me, must afk to play Commander Keen.

Guest jamesy boy!

lol cheers guys :)

also: i'm using an M_Audio Audiophile 24/96

Would there be any way to get a program to record the audio straight off my soundcard that way instead of exporting off of Reason?

i'd stop using rebirth if i were you - just use the tb synth patch on a subtractor and wire it up to a matrix sequencer - sounds better than rebirth IMO and then you also won't have to bother with all that rewire shit.

Would there be any way to get a program to record the audio straight off my soundcard that way instead of exporting off of Reason?

i dont export, I just open audition, set windows recording mixer to stereo mix (or whatever the equivalent is on your card) hit record then play in reason or whatever

Guest welcome to the machine

i dont export, I just open audition, set windows recording mixer to stereo mix (or whatever the equivalent is on your card) hit record then play in reason or whatever

^ yeah what he said, audition allows you to record from any point in your audio system, so you can easily set it to record whats coming out of your speakers.

Archived