IGNORED

Edirol FA-66 FireWire Interface

Guest we_kill_soapscum

Guest we_kill_soapscum

worth getting? thinking of making this guy my lappy's numero uno and taking my Audiophile USB to my desktop. senor m-audio just aint powerful enough for me.

worth getting? thinking of making this guy my lappy's numero uno and taking my Audiophile USB to my desktop. senor m-audio just aint powerful enough for me.

Is it basically a Soundcard. Tell me its benefits?

Guest we_kill_soapscum

Is it basically a Soundcard. Tell me its benefits?

hooray for: firewire. self powered. limiter. 6in 6out (balanced outs!). mic preamp in x2. direct monitoring. sturdy construction.

im sad for: i dunno...too $$ i suppose, but i can afford this now after working over christmas brizzle

hooray for: firewire. self powered. limiter. 6in 6out (balanced outs!). mic preamp in x2. direct monitoring. sturdy construction.

im sad for: i dunno...too $$ i suppose, but i can afford this now after working over christmas brizzle

Still doesn't explain it to me. Is this like the equivalent of a mixer with all those inputs? Thing is at some point I'm gonna need to get a sound card and I want one which is gonna handle a lot. One which has on board dsp and can handle of lot of fx and vsti and that sort of shit itself. I think Firewall is cool because obviously its faster than usb and you don't have to fuck around installing it in the back of a pc so its effectly a long term investment and piece of equipment if you get the right one. Any views?

Not a great fan of USB soundcards, but I hear the latest stuff is pretty good. I had an Edirol UA 25 that had some clicking issues and a dodgy volume knob. Swaped it for an Echo Indigo (Type II Cardbus card) which is awesome.

Archived