IGNORED

Vision Master Remix

robotrobot

I love minimalistic techno, and I like this a lot, but how come it doesn't evolve more than it does? Like deeper kicks, a bassline, nice and simple breaks etc.?

I love minimalistic techno, and I like this a lot, but how come it doesn't evolve more than it does? Like deeper kicks, a bassline, nice and simple breaks etc.?

Thanks for listening and the feedback:) Yeah, I'm a big fan of the genre myself. Maybe it doesn't evolve enough because so much of what I do can be redundantly repetitive as I usually make patterns that I would like to hear and extend them to what feels right to me, then move on.

But now I thnking you're right, it could use more breaks and some bass drum variation. I did think about bass as I usually like to have good bass patterns in my tracks, but I opted to leave it out since my plan was to layer in handfuls of the percussion tracks I was remixing with.

Thanks for listening and the feedback:) Yeah, I'm a big fan of the genre myself. Maybe it doesn't evolve enough because so much of what I do can be redundantly repetitive as I usually make patterns that I would like to hear and extend them to what feels right to me, then move on.

But now I thnking you're right, it could use more breaks and some bass drum variation. I did think about bass as I usually like to have good bass patterns in my tracks, but I opted to leave it out since my plan was to layer in handfuls of the percussion tracks I was remixing with.

Yeah, I know how it's like. You get obsessed with a loop because it sounds awesome and then all of a sudden nothing happens for 5 minutes, hehe. A good idea would be to play your tracks in front of a crowd. A friend or whoever you know who listens to electronic music as well, because the minute your turn it on facing him/her you'll know what to change in your track. It may sound weird, but it's as if you pay more attention to your track and you spot all the things that need changing when you're listening it through with someone else. I did this with my brother in law who make electronic music for a living and the very moment I played him one of my tunes I knew what was wrong with it. He asked me to tell him what I thought of the tune, and I told him all the things that he had noticed.

When I make minimalistic techno I create the bassline just after placing the kicks which are usually just 4/4 :)

Add a bass note with a semi long attack just before the 4th kick so it kinda fades into the kick and add some weird bleepy tones. Another great thing to add are long pads to create an athmosphere. I don't know if you've heard of Minilogue (I suppose you have though), but listen to some of their tunes and you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

Minilogue - Across Town

Minilogue - Hitchhiker's Choice

EDIT: Hmmm... the YouTube insert doesn't seem to work?

Archived