IGNORED

Hidden Place - Bjork remix

Guest Jimbob

So i've been working on this for a couple of weeks now, i've tried to keep the original vocal as intact as possible, it's been tricky working around it though.

This might be a sacriligious act, but fuck it, i've enjoyed making it.

It feels to me like you should have cut the vocals up a bit or something, because otherwise it's just breaks dubbed over Hidden Place. I'm not sure if this was intentional or not though... There were a few times where the vocals really did match up with the breaks, like 13 seconds in and 55 seconds in, and it sounded great. Everything else sounded messy, it didn't click together. So take another lesson from Aphrodite and use snippets instead of the entire, unedited vocal track.

Guest synthganic
i will make a mental note of this, thanks

your mum makes crappy bjork remixes.

I didn't listen to it

It feels to me like you should have cut the vocals up a bit or something, because otherwise it's just breaks dubbed over Hidden Place. I'm not sure if this was intentional or not though... There were a few times where the vocals really did match up with the breaks, like 13 seconds in and 55 seconds in, and it sounded great. Everything else sounded messy, it didn't click together. So take another lesson from Aphrodite and use snippets instead of the entire, unedited vocal track.

yeah there are large sections where the vocal isn't synched up at all, and i'd allready built the track around it before i timestretched it properly. in hindsight i probably should've mangled it up a bit more you're right.

I've not heard very much Aphrodite at all so i don't really understand the comparison, but i'm assuming you're referring to the cheesy subtractive bass?

Nice one for the feedback anyway, appreciate it.

P.s. Synthganic is a cunt

Archived