IGNORED

imo Quaristice sounds like a collection of

Guest cyphersum

Guest cyphersum

After listening to it intently through headphones I can hear the hum of a soundboard during some of tracks endings. Also, the way in which a lot of the tracks are abrupt in start and ending makes me think they grabbed their most inspired bits to form this release. A LOT of these tracks seem to be improvised noodlings with just enough going on to make them interesting. It doesn't feel like they worked these tracks overin a studio environment. just my opine.

Quaristice = Quarantine (A condition of enforced isolation)

After listening to it intently through headphones I can hear the hum of a soundboard during some of tracks endings. Also, the way in which a lot of the tracks are abrupt in start and ending makes me think they grabbed their most inspired bits to form this release. A LOT of these tracks seem to be improvised noodlings with just enough going on to make them interesting. It doesn't feel like they worked these tracks overin a studio environment. just my opine.

new members with their noodlings..

First, I think this album is absolutely successful. It is quite amazing.

Second, I sort of agree with what you are saying (and yes I read the inteview already). It does feel very raw. My first listen was on my headphones staring at my screen watching the time go by. I was somewhat aggitated and didnt know what to think. I put it in my car at full blast and was immediately sold. I came back and changed the volume setting and EQ on my machine, and confirmed what I discovered in the car... this album is pretty amazing.

Like they mentioned in the interview, they are doing some subtle things. They kind of flipped the script with what they were doing with Untilted...

However, I do kind of wish they set out to create an album, rather than make one from what they had. Not sure that process really takes 3 years to be honest. Given what they were saying we should have had this a year and a half ago, then complete new material by March 3rd (or even later this year). I think relatively successful sacrifices were made to get this record to be what it is. Again, as alluded to in the interview, this is a gear thing. I respect the immediacy and I appreciate the portable aspect of their new set up, I just wish they kept that stuff for performative environment and focused a more concentrated workstation environment for the studio releases. I'm not entirely sold that Draft was the culmination of the approach they started with LP5 and on. I think those ideas can be continued to be pushed through software while considering the energy the live stuff provides, making for a better sounding proper release.

I think it is interesting that it feels I am sitting in their living room as I listen to this, however it does come at some (easily overlooked) expenses.

Guest cyphersum
new members with their noodlings..

except that my first Ae was Incunabula, purchased in 1993.. right after listening to Polygon Window.

what's wrong with noodlings? ;)

@gl0tch: thanks for the genuine reply

off to read the barcode interview---->

Archived