IGNORED

Rabbit City Records

WaxenPith

I was recently listening to FORCE MASS MOTION - Phase Lock on Rabbit City Records (the label the put out CUT 002, Analog Bubblebath 2) and the underlying acid lines from Universal Indicator are very apparent.

Force Mass Motion - Phase Lock track on Rabbit City Records compilation

Throughout the track, and the last 30 seconds especially... definitely Universal Indicator. Not surprising given what Mike Dred states on discogs under UI Blue review:

http://www.discogs.com/release/24663

under reviews or 'more reviews' you find Mike Dred's comment.

mikedred, Nov 20, 2005

I don't often pop up in these places and probably won't again for a very long time. But I'm compelled to clarify a few misinterpretations. The tracks on the blue and the red were composed deliberately to exploit lofi sonic charcteristics and analogue signal processing of synths and drum machines thru audio inputs of certain other analogue synths. You have to remember that these were made at a time when there was nothing else around to resemble that style and that they defined a whole genre of faster acid and techno music with deliberate use of distortion - Notably on the drums as well as the B-Lines. At the time everything was 120 -128bpm and these were rocking out at 150bpm. Of course they sound rough and dare I say dated - but that's because so many producers took the formula and refined it later on. Without these benchmark recordings a whole scene might never have happened and that is why they are cherised and traded for silly prices. I played these recordings at a party in London, November 2005 and they tore up the dancefloor so that's not bad for a bit of blue and red grunge is it - that are probably almost as old as alot of people writing about them... MD

interesting, but what's your point? Phase Lock is by RDJ? or Mike Dred?

nah, not at all. Just saying it is interesting. Just caught my attention. On a side note the Rabbit City records compilation from 1994 is pretty good. This youtube user has posted the whole CD, have a listen. Terrific classic early 90's techno:

thelostreef's youtube user page

Archived