IGNORED

Audiosurf with Ae's Pro Radii

Guest Goum Le Chat

Guest Goum Le Chat

It's close to the Guitar Hero concept, but it's a puzzle-race game, wipeout-like aesthetic.

You load the tune you want, wich will be used to create the circuit, so it will feet to the music.

There are some videos on the web, but i thought "let's show what it looks like with electronic music stuff".

i dont mean to be a hater, but why arent more people doing something like Rez instead of a simon says redux again? im kind of sick of the guitar hero/dance dance concept i think an Autechre song mixed into something like Rez would destroy me forever physically and mentally

Guest Goum Le Chat

GB3> yep, Rez and Ae, it would be great. With Audiosurf, music is really immersive. And with Autechre/AFX bits, it's like... "wow, I want more!"

yeah i was really surprised to see tracks from drukqs made some really twisted awesome levels. however, the best i've seen have been cap.iv and "like herod" by mogwai.

Guest Goum Le Chat

Ok i'm going to test cap.iv right now.

I was disappointed with Ipacial Section.

From 5:24 it's the most intensive part of the track imho, and it's quiet in the game.

have you played audiosurf, gb3?

no i have not, but the description of it being like guitar hero is the ultimate turn off. I will check it out, im just not a fan of this type of gameplay generally. I find the game guitar hero the equvelent of a greek hell. The potential is so amazing, but its just literally a revamped real-time simon says. They need to have a 'jam band' mode of guitar hero where it auto quanitizes and scale forces incoming melody and drum data so you can actually make music on it instead of just playing along with other peoples.

beh, i didn't think it was much like guitar hero, despite looking a bit like it. it's more like wipeout mixed with tetris i guess.

i will check it out then, the original poster only compared it to one of my least favorite games hence the negative opinion of it

Guest Goum Le Chat

I've said guitar hero because of the colors and the points you get when hitting blocks, making clusters... my fault. Yes it's more like Wipeout.

Archived