IGNORED

Ae NY apr 15 08

hayhook

Great show. great space. The Sound System at music hall of williamsburg is really well tuned! sounded great! only a few rattles up in the back when the bass was totally bangin

Massey was a little free-jazz wonkiness but not horrible and totally represented with the deep sea creatures vids while he played...

rob hall brought it as usual.

Ae were no lights, just sound and blinky led's on their equip.

Loved it.

if their music tonight is any sort of indication of the direction

they're headed in, then I fully approve...

They totally brought it.

I went in a little skeptical as I've hated the last 10 or so years of releases from them (confield on)

but have found myself surprisingly kind of enjoying quaristice, so didn't know how the evening would play out.

I half expected a bunch of computer and keyboards and samplers all on random with the volume up

and got exquisite bliss.

I hope their future releases are as wailingly brilliant as tonight.

ae is back (i know, fanboys say they never went away, but whatever)

ae leads a double life now, making extremely dancefloor friendly music only live, more so than anything theyve done even more dancey than Incunabla while releasing on CD very experimental hard to digest non dance friendly electronic music

Guest spike

ohhhhhhh shit,, they fucking killed it!!!! it was some of the baddest beatssss in my life.. i danced for the whole thing, i felt like a robot, moving to every sound out of the speakerssss. life changed again. i saw them in sf. last time around which was so good too, but now, now it is so over,, best music i have heard and danced to ... and that includes so much music in the last fifteen years of my booty shaking, mind warping life..

now,, on Massonix.

I will never take peeeeeps word on someone i haven't heard before. i was reading all kinds of shit reviews about his performancesss, haterssssss. my friends and i got to the venue around 10:30 when he was supposed to be wrapping up, i was like,, 'yeah i read he is kinda wack'''' uhhhh, NOPE,,,, this guy had some serious grooves, had the people dancing and freaking out the whole time,, , and was way into his performance,,, mind opened. luckily,, he apparently went on late because i saw at least 30-40 minutes of his set,,, so glad to hear and see this guy... great choice for an opening act..

uhh, rob hall, he had his audio way down,,, so down that it was more like background music... haha, and all this went down in williamsburg, home of the heartless hipsters.. but,, it was pleasant to see all the electronic music nerds in the place, geeky guys with their geeky girlfriends waiting for the madnesssssss.... oh god, the build up to the last track ae played,,, ∞ in my mind..

+

walking home to bed-stuy,, yes walking what better night to end a badass night then by going on a badass walk... my friend and i found hundreds of vhs tapes 3 blocks from my house,,, all wrapped in different bags labeled by genre. uhh, wtf!??! we carried them home egyptian style .... ummmmm, yeah!

Guest bob bob perano

i gotta say this..

massonix was fucking awful in my opinion. maybe one of the worst electronic performances i've ever seen in my life.

seriously...

Archived