IGNORED

More disco

this songs sounds a little empty, without the necessary epic melodic focus of a true disco track. it seems too sparse, or it seems like you tried to make it seem fuller using an unnecessary battery of whooshes and squiggles. and i have noticed you're using a method of compression that makes overextends the thump of the track, making it sound like all the new bad disco production. because of these things put together, it holds my attention about as much as a commercial advertising a new fashion model show on the E! channel.

keep working on it, you're almost there.

I know what you mean about the emptiness, but its a stripped down version of what i was working on which i felt was too cluttered - hence the dub.

Im still working on melody, unfortunately i tend to work arse backwards and do the bass and beats first, then all the stabs, then kind of slot some crap melodies in afterwards almost as an afterthought - i know i need to change my workflow, i just have a lot more fun fucking about with the beats and bass :rolleyes:

Re the compression, i only used an excessive sidechain a couple of times in the track! I was just playing around really.

Thanks for the comments anyway.

the fact that im commenting at all says that i have a personal interest in how you develop your tracks. you're using some nice sounds and you seem to have a good grasp of what you're doing. keep it up because what you're doing here could easily turn into something very special with the right amount of intention and focus. don't stop. seriously.

let's have you work on an album of full on epics by the end of the year and get a wax imprint of it. i think you can do it.

Guest Weird Al

yeah i agree with theocide here... it would be cool to do a split 12" or something if you laid down some hot ass traxxx

*this is brian ellis btw

I really really dug this, I just wish the acidic bass had a little less reverb on it, it seemed like it should have been more 'in your face' so to speak. The pads and percussion held the spacey-ness with the reverb enough, I just thought that bass needed to be a bit more grounded I 'spose. But overall, this was a fucking rocking track. If you have more tunes like this, for the love of evil disco, post em' up!

Guest we_kill_soapscum

i love this. im playing on the radio tongiht. but i'd like to play this out at parties and clubs

please PM me when this track is done, so u can send it to me, so i can play it out. i'd love some other jams too

Archived