IGNORED

Sasha - Invol2ver

Earth

http://www.progressive-sounds.com/features...a-Invol2ver.asp

Featuring 13 tracks worth of Sasha gold, the standard edition features Sasha´s unique re-workings of musical giants such as Radiohead´s Thom Yorke and American folk singer Ray LaMontagne as well as formidable electronic artists Apparat and Ladytron, while the limited edition comes equipped with a second CD of Sasha remix exclusives.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invol2ver

1. "Intro" - Badger

2. "You Are the Worst Thing in the World" - Telefon Tel Aviv

3. "Flesh" - Rone

4. "Eclipse" - Sasha vs. Ray LaMontagne

5. "Lowlife" - Sasha vs. Adam Parker

6. "Midnight" - Charlie May

7. "Arcadia" - Apparat

8. "That You Might" - Home Video

9. "Destroy Everything You Touch" - Ladytron

10. "Couleurs" - M83

11. "The Eraser" - Thom Yorke

12. "3 Little Piggys" - Sasha

13. "Sometime I Realise" - Engineers

Gonna be awesome. =)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest assegai

I came here to post this, def psyched. Plan to catch him on the north american tour. What'd you think of coma and the other recent singles?

the first Involver had some beautiful songs on it.

artists like Sasha make me realize that trance can actually be a good thing in rare times.

I really haven't been too keen on his emFire release to be honest, although I think that some the remixes are fantastic. I'm not sure exactly who he was targeting with those, but it certainly wasn't the people who bought xpander. :confused:

Promo is out now, as well. Will report back !

Some initial thoughts:

The album is everything that people wanted in a sequel from Involver. It is completely epic. The tracks that you thought were going to be good, are fucking good. The tracks you didn't expect much from keep the mood of the album and serve as a good bridge between the standout moments of brilliance.

The album is a fair bit less progressive trance/house than the original, but not so much that it doesn't feel like a true sequel. I think with the declining success of the trance scene Sasha wanted to move closer to the techno side of things. With the big success of acts like The Field, Panthu du Prince, Ricardo Villalobos, et al in the last two or three years I think it was logical to move in this direction. It makes the whole thing feel a lot more cohesive as well (shpongle -> ulrich schnauss is a big jump, but that's part of what makes Involver so good!). Naturally there are moments where his trance beginnings creep back in, especially the final track. There aren't any cringe-worthy moments (see: Watching Cars Go By), but the Ladytron track is, I feel, quite weak. The Telefon Tel Aviv track isn't quite as good as I had hoped, but it only seems that way because the rest of the album is so good.

The apparat track is one of the best thing I've heard in a LONG time. Sasha said that this one was almost the building point for the entire album. It's obvious why. The Thom Yorke one is utterly amazing as well. I always liked Radiohead/Yorke, but I'm not too huge on the whole alternative/indie rock deal.. Yorke's voice over pulsing bass is something magic. If you recall any of the remixes for Everything in It's Right Place you'd know what I'm talking about. Sasha's tracks are all quite good, but probably don't appeal as much (as of yet) because there isn't the same sort of emotional attachment as there is with the tracks you already know (m83 included!).

I can't wait for the official release. Definitely one of my faves this year.

Archived