IGNORED

quadrange and tropica storms!

QBLA

i was driving home today listening to quadrange... and i caught one of the bands that was overhead with lots of wind and rain... it fit the mood perfectly... especially when perlence subrange 3 (my fav of all the new AE tracks) was playin... so now, i associate the quaristice era releases with tropical storms!

Guest musicforairports

Quaristice is wet-sounding.

Example:

beginning of Theswere

beginning of WNSN

beginning/all of fwzE

Sounds of microchipped/self-aware farts after 1:30 in Simmm

Gurgling noises in rale

Sounds of futuristic washing machines after 1 minute mark in Fol3

More maybe....

Guest Caustic

I always thought Quaristice was a bit..hmm... "Fisher-Price Autechre"

hehe its alot lighter and bouncier and a bit thinner (not in a bad way) than any of their other albums.

Guest Enter a new display name

You're about to die in a tropical storm and all you think about is listening to Autechre. :wink:

i was driving home today listening to quadrange... and i caught one of the bands that was overhead with lots of wind and rain... it fit the mood perfectly... especially when perlence subrange 3 (my fav of all the new AE tracks) was playin... so now, i associate the quaristice era releases with tropical storms!

Perlence Subrange 3> Excellent choice! Amazingly dark track, first one i thought of when i read the topic title. Dang, I have to go and listen to it now don't I :)

Incunabula reminds me of snow, ice and hail. The whole album just feels cold and detached.

Also

Second Scepe -> Epic space battle

Archived