IGNORED

drunk thread

Guest hahathhat

If you want to get drunk and cry to a Nick Cave ballad, "Sad Waters" always gets me...

Ace choice, Iain. That album takes me right back to when I bought it. I remember being shocked by the inner sleeve with the line drawing of that woman...you know. The title track is cool too, in fact you've made me want to go out and spend money that I shouldn't on the CD. Just as i was getting some work done...

'Hey Joe' is another of my fave Nick Cave songs. Tense as fuck and ideally suited for a really resentful sort of mood, an awesome fucking cover.

Thanks for bringing Nick Cave back into my life. I only got into 'Kicking Against The Pricks' and 'Your Funeral...My Trial', but that's enough to secure genius status for me. Not to mention 'Release The Bats' and 'Ghosts Of The Civil Dead'.

*raises glass*

*cries*

It's Friday tonight. You know what that means.

Hunkering down for a lonely night on t'net. With my remaining Becks Vier. :beer:

P.S. Shit, I didn't make it out for 'Your Funeral...My Trial', and 'Kicking Against The Pricks' is adrift in storage. All I have is 'Mr. Clarinet...'

*settles down for vintage 4AD night instead*

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah Im half drunk already, gonna be playing Nick Cave all night. Still prefer his slower hymns. Same for Tom Waits

And to walk like Christ in grace and love

And guide you into my arms

Update required: levels of fuckedness please.

I'm mouthing each word that I type and deliberating over each post for a minimum of two minutes, but holding it together admirably.

Beer now expended though. Shit.

Just the vodka and OJ bit would go down so well right now (don't envy the rest of it). But I'm at that point where I'm having to admit to myself that I need to call it a night. Gutted.

Edit 0.01: My computer's going slow as shit.

Edit 0.02: Thread needs some Cs.

Guest Iain C

So I've been at the pub and I'm kinda drunk. Keeping it going with a pint of whiskey and coke. And listenening to the Birthday Party.

*considers making "Listen to Nick Cave when you're drunk* thread

Guest hahathhat

i'm just getting started.

i have this grand plan to become the picture of masculinity through a diet of beer, vodka, and strenuous exercise. current status: still a bit fat, but also now a bit drunk

As if by magic...

*considers making "Listen to Nick Cave when you're drunk* thread

Please do this. Next time I will have my two beloved albums to hand. And the 'Ghosts Of The Civil Dead' OST, if that counts.

Man, I'm editing like a bitch this morning.

Guest tv_party
Just got back from the Dépanneur... err Beer store on my street corner. It closes at 11pm, just got 2 miuntes before te limit LOL

best post what it is to make sure it checks out with the dead witty poofter squad

heh .. people drinkn that exclusively though through the night .. or intermingled with power shots of random crud .. would hardly be the best idea .. given that these cans state the dosage levels pretty clearly ... i just make a nice heavy mix and bang it together with something carbonated (or not) .. in the last month or so though i've added energy drinks to that menu of mixes i rely on when ice just doesn't cut it for me .. the next can like i said is coke ...

then again that's talking about my experience when you were clearly addressing yourself in that post .. and i had to turn it into yet another point about me .. heh .. gord ...

so yeah you had a rough night eh ... well i hear the same thing from some ex-rum drinkers here .. they had one really bad night and that was it ... i don't think i'd be able to learn that lesson .. heheh ... as i still drink rum and if worst happened and i had crappy night on energy drinks + whiskey .. .well that wouldn't deter any future visits to that particular setting ...

i've seen through various sources of late .. that there are two main brain types with regard to these two behavioral possibilities .. either a learned risk aversion or not .. so maybe i'm just too stupid in that sense to actually remember past faults but in this case it is positive as it means a certain programmed behavior pattern isn't likely to prevent me from re-enjoying certain pleasure .. just cause of one off putting moment in time ..

yrP ..

Archived