IGNORED

shoegaze acoustic rock idm

chim

what, fuckers removed it.

shoegaze is fun! and it's a cool genre name. i made the track as an experiment with my guitar and shit mainly because i aven't been able to record before, so it was really fun. i fuck it up with some tuss synth in there somewhere. everything is the same guitar, the bass is the E string tuned down an octave (go ableton!)

Guest lionizer
what, fuckers removed it.

shoegaze is fun! and it's a cool genre name. i made the track as an experiment with my guitar and shit mainly because i aven't been able to record before, so it was really fun. i fuck it up with some tuss synth in there somewhere. everything is the same guitar, the bass is the E string tuned down an octave (go ableton!)

Very nice. The track I made wasn't as delicate at all, it was mostly just me translating an idea into music as fast as possible, because I NEEDED to hear it. I went through a tiny phase with late sixties soul progressions like that.

I really liked the part at the end. the repetition of tonics sounded to me like you were in a bit of a jam-trance when you played that higher part, sort of like the end of Tied to the Whipping Post (just an example off the top of my head, not the most apt). I liked what the guitar sound effects and delay sounded like put together. I heard the Tuss synth, very interesting.

I've been using Ableton Live as well.

Also, were those vocal samples in the beginning or just guitar effects that sounded suspiciously like vocal samples?

Very nice. The track I made wasn't as delicate at all, it was mostly just me translating an idea into music as fast as possible, because I NEEDED to hear it. I went through a tiny phase with late sixties soul progressions like that.

Oooh I know exactly what you mean, I don't think I've even left that phase, I'm being really sloppy with my stuff. But there's a process to it, you progressively start working more with each track until you realize you spend more than double the time you used to.

I really liked the part at the end. the repetition of tonics sounded to me like you were in a bit of a jam-trance when you played that higher part, sort of like the end of Tied to the Whipping Post (just an example off the top of my head, not the most apt). I liked what the guitar sound effects and delay sounded like put together. I heard the Tuss synth, very interesting.

Thanks. I'll have to check that song out. The end solo was very spontaneously put together but I wanted to give a bit of a psychedelic energy stage vibe to it.

The timing is terrible on almost every single guitar line, something I didn't realize until I had recorded most of it, i've put a bunch of clicktracks in my mp3 to practice with and rectify that.

Also, were those vocal samples in the beginning or just guitar effects that sounded suspiciously like vocal samples?

my own vocals with a chorus unit smacked on. :D

i hate the little melody on the synth. hate that sound. the rest is really cool. dont like the disto on the guitar, sounds too much like sonic youth. the whole stuff reminds me of tortoise. i used to love them but now, it just sounds like post rock hippie shit to me. i still love sonic youth tho.

so i would say this track is nice, shows lots of talent and sensibility, but lacks originality and development.

i really liked this, i think the drums are a bit too clean and upfront, also wtf when the synth comes in, it starts to kind of do cool stuff with the ascending arpeggios then starts noodling. overall i enjoyed it, i would take out that synth and wash out the drums

Archived