IGNORED

Problem I cannot figure out

oyster

I recently switched to Producer's Edition of FL Studio and am setting up the audio to have a hardware synth as an input.

I downloaded ASID4ALL as was suggested, and then set it as an Output.

After I did this, playing my hardware synth did cause a visual detection in the Oscilloscope. However, none of the Sample sounds or any of my VST plugins make any sound at all, although they also register in the oscilloscope.

On the FL Studio mixer, I have the "Input" set as "SoundMAX digital audio" (this was the only option).

However, in the "Output" section the drag down bar only says "Not Connected".

Back in the Audio Setup panel, when I switch back to "SoundMAX digital audio", the sounds of the FL Studio samples and plugins come back, but the hardware synth no longer registers and the input options go back to "none".

How can I set up the audio so I can record the inputs but still have the proper output?

you just need to plug the output of your synth into the input on your soundcard and press record pretty much, but first things first you need a half decent soundcard - built in Soundmax audio won't really be up for the job of quality recording and output.

How do you change the default soundcard? Fl recommended ASID4ALL like I said, but I can't figure out how to set it as the default. I can't do it directly through the "Sound and Audio" section of the computers control panel.

you need to actually buy a new soundcard and fit it in your computer, or if you have a laptop, get a USB one. once it's all installed etc it will show up in Fruity Loops...ASIO4ALL isn't a soundcard, it's just a program that runs and manages the soundcard in your computer.

you could just get a cheapish Creative one to start - about $70 or something

Archived