IGNORED

The sounds in Netlon Sentinel ...

Terpentintollwut

... remind me of

us_plok.jpg

PLOK!

when he gets hit or dies. unfortunately that doesn't happen a lot in the videos on youtube. there's a few hits in this one

0:24 - 0:59 in the track. just a random childhood memory flashback.

I can't recall many examples

there's one I'm trying to find the title of (I never knew the title back then, even though I owned it, I don't know why, maybe it was too small on the cover or it was words I couldn't understand) - you couldn't save, you were a clown-boy of sorts, and it was scrolling diagonally, clown guy character was running towards the bottom right corner of the screen, like pseudo-3d, but basically still a side scroller. He had to avoid traps and pull strings attached to floating balloons with red and white stripes. There were like 30 balloons in each level and most of them had just coins in them, a few were traps even, and you couldn't tell, but most frustratingly there were four of them that had little poker-symbols in them or something, and if you didn't get all four of them, they made you re-do the level, even though you've beaten it! and sometimes you'd know you're missing one of them and see it scroll up but couldn't get there in time anymore, and you started with three lives and that was it, I don't think you even had the chance to get 1 ups, it was way too hard and annoying for anyone but the levels were all so different and cool looking... what was this?!

Archived