earvalve - scare tactics

autopilot

http://www.earvalve.com/mp3/scare_tactics/...5b192mp3%5d.zip

earvalve

scare tactics

sequencing, composing, etc - wes cardell

vocal samples - elissa kall

drum samples - tom christy

my first album since acquiring the new laptop. every track features elissa's voice & tom's drums in some way. at times i created synths entirely out of her voice. thanks in advance for any listens this gets.

Guest Josefmcb

wikkid.... track 1 was just niiice, and it's good that you didn't kill the loop - the track's short enough to make me want to go back and listen again...

track 2 is proper old-skool- lovin' it! am i mistaken or is this whole ep quite a bit more upbeat than your previous stuff?

track 3 is funky too, and works well coming after 'wtf'. i really like all that square-wave shiat u got going on in this track. not so keen on the bass though- a tad generic maybe.

you like radioactive man? this track is definitely reminiscent of some of his stuff....similar mix of beats and lushness to some of his tracks.

i was a bit wary of track 4 until it kicked in at 1:24ish. that portamento thing is cool. the breakdown at 2:20 really compliments the track well.

i like this, it's like bola meets orbital but more upbeat, and like flashbulb but more downbeat.. and like radioactive man but more complex.

pretending to care is cool (the singing is a bit scary when she hits that high note mind), i like the ending of the track best (reminds me of cliff martinez's awesome soundtrack to solaris).

i didn't think track 6 was that good, doesn't stand out over the others, but rounds off the ep nicely.

cheers for sharing man, nice work. :)

Guest Chimp Logic

Awe hell yeah. Quick turnaround since you posted the sample track.

I am all over this shizzle. I love your work.

Thanks for the goods!

Peace

josef - it's not your imagination, this ep is alot more straightforward & upbeat. lots of ambient melody, and some repetetive groovy beats is what i was going for. a few people i know wanted to hear me do something without the excessive drum programming of audiomancer or pushers, so this album is kinda engineered for them. however, make note that the NEXT album i work on is going to be so over-the-top your head will explode when you hear it.

i've never heard radioactive man, bola, or flashbulb, but i LIVE on orbital. they were seriously like, the ONLY band i listened to back in my high school days, and to this day i consider them one of the greatest bands of all time. major influence for me, for sure.

chimplogic - yeah, twas a quick turnaround. thing is, for this album i worked on all the tracks at the same time, whereas for all my previous works i did each track individually until it was finished, then worked on the next one. i think it gives this album more of a cohesiveness in the overall sound. maybe it's just me and i think highly of it because i wrote it, like a mother in denial of how dysfunctional her son is.

peace & love!

wes

• 2 weeks later...
Guest androne

I think magic science is my favorite. I didnt enjoy this as a whole as much as i enjoyed your previous works. am looking forward to your next release.

Guest grasshopper

Well what can I say. Best stuff I've heard from you I think.

Track one is pretty beutiful

And track two is also very fucking lush. Tasty.

Definatly has a nice sound to the ep at track three, lovley melodies here too.

Magic science, um magic, vocals here, and throughout. Amazing stuff man

Also the euphoric title track, great building.

Needs alot more downloads

I've just been walking in and out of the room these are playing as I've been doing stuff and I have to say these are fucking hot!! Every track is instantly likeable with rich emotional feeling melodies. Film quality music mate. This is definitely big emotion stuff and of the epic variety. Nice to get this sort of stuff for free. Thanks. :cool:

I've had this on constant rotation. Absolutely awesome ep. Definitely the best thing of yours. Gonna pass this shit onto others. Thanks. :cool:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived