IGNORED

krautrock

Guest Z_B_Z

ok, so the groups i know of are can, faust, neu!, amon duul, cluster and ash ra temple. ive heard of some other groups, but havent actually listened to any of their music so im not going to list them.

which band is the ruler of all krautrock? i say can, followed closely by faust.

*im not sure kraftwerk fits on the list.. i dont know, i could be wrong..

ive heard people tell me this but i dont understand it. once can gets in their hypnotic groove, they really cant be touched by any other group imho

ps - fausts 'rien' released in 95 is simply amazing. i like it better than original faust

i once had a harmonia/eno album that was quite amazing... have to find that one again

i highly recommend this album. some of my favorite eno vocals

img032.jpg

i find that a lot of "krautrock" bands from the early seventies are just basically prog.

I feel the same way. Neu were one of the first krautrock bands that I discovered and are still, probably, my favorite.

i find that a lot of "krautrock" bands from the early seventies are just basically prog.

I feel the same way. Neu were one of the first krautrock bands that I discovered and are still, probably, my favorite.

ive always liked neu, but for some reason i tend to get a little bored towards the end of their albums..

there is not such a thing as harmonia/eno.... but there is harmonia 76 (with eno)

but yes.. that and those begegnungens albums

and yes some of holger czukays solo output as well ..and maybe la dusseldorf as well (they were bit rocky)

also la NEU?'s 97 album was surprisingly good.

obviously some popol vuh too.. but not rock at all

and cluster solo projects...!

some of holger czukays solo output as well

obviously some popol vuh too

good call on czukays solo stuff. his first two albums are great

popol vuhs scores to some of herzog films are transcendent and amazing

Cluster doesn't get enough attention. They imo had more to do with ambient music than Brian Eno did in the 70s but are very rarely mentioned. edit: notice now Harmonia was mentioned, also really fucking good which is the band later formed by Cluster

http://www.discogs.com/Cluster-Cluster-II/release/325915

http://www.discogs.com/Cluster-Eno-Cluster.../release/261716

I love all the solo albums from the mid '70s to early '80s by Micheal Rother (guitarist of Neu former member of Kraftwerk too).

For some it might be a little to easy listening or new agey. Very melodic, definitely not prog.

Awesome fuzztone guitar, awesome synths.

These are all classics in my opinion.

20080428090133_rother.jpg

Here's a mellower tack.

Archived