IGNORED

Last Step

Guest David R James

Guest David R James

I have just put the last step album '1961' on. I didnt like this at all b4, but for some reason its just sounded a whole lot better. Havin not liking it that much i never really looked in to last step but i am suprised to find its Vsnares. I dont like Vsnares that much but ive never thought he tried to directly copy any of his peers. But this album does have a sudden air of aphex. One thing i dont like about it is the live drumming samples at times, these just sound a bit gash,but other than that its good. It seems to have a distinct analogue sound, but is it? Anyone know anything about the album and what was used, from his myspace i think it mite of been shetland ponies or just plugins?

Guest bitroast

pretty sure he's into analogue gear at the moment. either that or his only bit of analogue gear is the 303 and the rest of the album was done using mini-moog vsts running through renoise.

Guest David R James

I would have to guess at a 606 to start with. I mite of been abit hasty when posting this, it was the first few tracks of 1961 i was likin, but the live drumming just kept comin and it isnt working for me at all, if only it didnt have that in it. just got the first album on now which i havent heard yet so im hopping the live drummin stuff mite not be as prominent.

Guest moo duck

it doesn't sound analogue for me, though i like it whatever. fuck analogue purism

certainly there are more tuss-like elements compared to first Last Step album, especially space-shaping effects on claps

Guest David R James
i know that he uses this http://www.kvraudio.com/get/312.html

oberon.jpg

That mite put out the possibility its not that analogue.

It seems to me every thing this guy has done was done by aphex first.

I wouldnt disagree, it would be difficult to prove that he didnt start making this last step stuff after hearing Analord or tuss. He was on a breakcore war path then suddenly the last step stuff, maybe conclusive

Guest David R James
it doesn't sound analogue for me, though i like it whatever. fuck analogue purism

certainly there are more tuss-like elements compared to first Last Step album, especially space-shaping effects on claps

Yeah claps definatly. Ok maybe not analogue but an analogue sound attempt.

Guest bitroast

tracks like my house and lives with angel were on his myspace before the self titled lp came out, and were labelled as being Unreleased 2004. this might be bollocks tho to veer people away from thinking he ripped off afx.

Guest Ivan Lennovitz

Super-villain Aaron Funk unexpectedly strikes again.

But the sleuths of WATMM are on the case – He must've something up his sleeve…

Guest bitroast

i thikn so. it's stronger music. selftitled has some awesome tunes, like liveswithangel and my house and.. and.. breakers know! but 1961 is a whole lot more consistent and stronger. maybe a little overwhelming. every songs so big.

Guest ex-voto

Summer 2007, sitting in the train, listening to Last Step, Lives with Angel. I'm sitting in the train from Savona to Turin, and I'm having eye contact with this girl. I'm arriving at 1:59 of the track, whilst I'm imagining the girl beginning to take her clothes of, dancing on the seats, doing a strip tease for me (in the daze I was probably melting my eyes away). Anyway that lasted at least 2 and a half minute. Contrast was playing and the beat was kicking in, making me move all of a sudden. I couldn't control my feet, I was suddenly just boogying in the train. The girl laughed at me, and I made my move. Asking where she got out, Mondovi, followed her, fucked her.

Last Step = top 5 artist for me. Vsnares got me laid.

Guest bitroast

i shall try this trance-like spasming next time i'm on public transport.

who knows, i might just get as lucky as young ex-voto here ;) ;)

(i am fully aware that you are probably older than i am and i have no right to call you young.sorry.sorry.)

Guest nene multiple assgasms
Super-villain Aaron Funk unexpectedly strikes again.

But the sleuths of WATMM are on the case – He must've something up his sleeve…

lol

Loads and loads of analogue, he's got a good half-wall sized custom modular that does a good bit of synth-ing for 1961. Plus I'm sure you guys recognize all the Roland x0x stuff, its all over on there...

The live drumming was done by Mustache, I believe he's done work for other people as well. Otto, etc.

If anyone hasn't picked up any of the Last Step releases yet, you are missing out. Go n' get 'em.

It seems to me every thing this guy has done was done by aphex first.

bone up on some 80's disco and you'll see that a lot of both of their ideas are predated by something .. synth/melodic/rhythmic/wise ..

either way i don't give a fuck .. like when buying a nice bottle of wine .. you don't care about the year .. as long as the fucker tastes good yeah ... the other way i put it .. is imagine the funk genre .. it is now self encapsulated and marginally moving forward if at all ... all it's ideas are written ... but who gives a .. the booty still gets shook daddy .. ( i was gonna use blues as the example .. but i never listen to that ever anymore so it's even less likely that it would take in any of you kids' minds ;-] .. ) ...

[heh] .. birrrrrrr

Archived