IGNORED

OMG ULVER LIVE!!!

kokoon

quote from http://www.jester-records.com/ulver/ulver.html

ULVER_February_2009_cut.jpg

PRESS RELEASE FROM THE NORWEGIAN FESTIVAL OF LITERATURE FEBRUARY 12 2009

The Norwegian Festival of Literature proudly presents:

ULVER LIVE AT MAIHAUGSALEN, LILLEHAMMER, SATURDAY MAY 30 2009

Once amongst the pioneers of Norwegian black metal, now living legends of dark experimental music, ULVER are today one of Norway's most acclaimed international artists. While remaining something of a secret treasure back home, a long series of strong releases, most recently the album Shadows of the Sun (2007), has earned them a unique status worldwide.

ULVER have since their first album been exclusively a studio band. This being their first live performance in 15 years, the concert at Lillehammer is a historic event.

A statement from the band: Last year Mr. Stig Sæterbakken approached us with an offer to play live at the Norwegian Festival of Literature, and after long consideration we have decided to accept the invitation. We go to the job with great humility and horror. Ulver, Oslo, February 11 2009.

NOTE: Limited number of tickets. Reservation at www.billettservice.no.

so - the question - WHAT'S THE CHEAPEST WAY TO GET TO LILLEHAMMER?

thanks for the news

wish I was there too

by the way kokoon, do you know what is the name of the font used for the Ulver logo? I think it's also used the same for the Arcturus logo

i don't really have that much money.

so do I, kokoon. Problem not in distance.

save up! you've got plenty of time before the gig. get a second job, etc... i know i would. i mean... i might have to :)

looks like we won't be driving there by car, probably interrail (train) for 5 days, or even a combination of plane and train. every time i calculate the costs it's like 100 euro more... :D

Guest JohnTqs
ULVER_February_2009_cut.jpg

the dude in the middle is a BADASS

he's kind of ruining the whole boc image going on.

they've definitely got a north face jacket kind of thing going on

• 3 months later...
Guest telikan

top for tomorrow -- so kokoon are you still doing this or are you not trve ambient kvlt?

I love and respect Ulver so much, even though I listen to the Trilogie way more than the rest of their catalog, even though I was way more into the kinda shit they did William Blake and forward before I got heavy into black metal...

i was there.

a very personal, emotional experience. i was sitting in the 2nd row, really close to the band. i'm really glad i went.

i hear there's an audience-recorded bootleg floating around.

sorry for the crap quality

Guest Otto Krat

Lucky bastard.

BUT...you made me realise I haven't listen to Bergtatt in two years. It's playing now. :)

I hope there is a decent quality bootleg. that vid sounds harsh but it's probably the laptop speakers i'm using atm. I'm very jealous of you. Did you go down on garm?

Archived