IGNORED

attn: drummers

Guest IRARI

Guest uptown devil

old beck albums can be pretty fun to drum along to. have you tried playing 'sober' by tool? the main beat is pretty manageable, just get the high hat part rolling until you don't have to think about it anymore. as for most other Danny Carey beats.. :fail:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in the same boat. Played guitar then bass my whole life, but always wanted to be a drummer. now i have a kit and play all the time, only for fun.

i try to put a bunch of good drumming music in a playlist and shuffle it up, but i'm getting tired of the tracks in there and need some new stuff to drum to. Suggestions?

Here's the kind of stuff I play to now:

• stevie wonder
  • radiohead
  • pixies
  • jackson 5
  • prince
  • 5ive style
  • portishead
  • the roots
  • tribe called quest
  • interpol
  • weezer
  • sloan
  • elliot smith
  • heliocentrics
  • and i struggle until i ROFL off of my throne trying to play: tool and tortoise

NO Rush please – nothing against Rush, i just don't want to play that style.

Anything by Nirvana

Anything by The Pixies

The Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour

Janes Addiction - Nothings Shocking

Faith No More - Introduce Yourself

Pigface - Gub (especially the track "Weightless")

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

your dead wrong, that vans unedited vans video his him just going off in 2004, hes got a shit load of style, the stuff beats he put on team sleeps record and his solo record etc. shows insane creativity

zach hill is the equivalent of tom jenkinsons programming on drums

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

he plays 8 hours a day at more velocity, intensity and love than many drummers ever do and he can play like that interchanging any time signature he wants, hes not just a genius hes a mad scientist that truly loves what he does

Guest uptown devil

i was just going by the video, which was boring to watch. perhaps you could post a better one?

Archived